Anyone excited for Porier vs Miller?

miller... he has a face that only a mother can love. and with that chin (vs Poirier's) he will win.

I hear you, but Miller boxes and misses shots sometimes, Porier goes forward or backwards.
That's fair but you might be mischaracterising Poirier's game a bit; Dustin has proven scrappy and hard to put away. The winner might come down to a question of gas in the tank - that's why I see Diamond being last man standing.

That's fair but you might be mischaracterising Poirier's game a bit; Dustin has proven scrappy and hard to put away. The winner might come down to a question of gas in the tank - that's why I see Diamond being last man standing.
Yeah but he got cracked against Johnson and McGregor and a lot of fighters don't have the same jaw after that. His win over Bobby Green was decent but Green has terrible defense.

Jim looked pretty good in his last fight and Dustin needs to bounce back. Both guys should bring it and put on a really good fight.

Jim looked pretty good in his last fight and Dustin needs to bounce back. Both guys should bring it and put on a really good fight.
That's why I believe Porier will be pressing forward and Miller will be coasting unless he gets hurt.

Yeah but he got cracked against Johnson and McGregor and a lot of fighters don't have the same jaw after that. His win over Bobby Green was decent but Green has terrible defense.
Can't speak to him ever being the same after being cracked but you're right - that is the case more often than not. The fact that your critique of Dustin is that he lost via strikes to Johnson and McGregor speaks pretty highly of Dustin actually, which complements my point in a way. :D Dustin is a dangerous fighter while Miller isn't Johnson- or McG-level. I don't see Dustin ever being in trouble but by a D loss after one of those 3-round stalemates that happen now and again, if that. We'll see though...

Back