Anyone ever take money out of 5dimes

I live in Maryland, USA. Checks have been from Nova Scotia. My bank charges me 5 bucks to cash them because they’re from inferior canadia

Minimum $1000
Max $3000

Takes roughly 4 days from the time I apply to the time I get the check, via fed ex which requires a signature but you don’t have to be present

I wold assume there would be an issue if you were missing documentation. They’d probably be able to work with you if you didn’t have a utility bill.

Enjoy paying taxes on your winnings.
-Inferior Canadian

You going to the event in Philly bro?

100% use Bitcoin. Make sure that if you withdraw in BTC, that you deposit with it too now and then because otherwise you might get an annoyed call/email from them. It hasn't happened to me, but I remember somebody posting about it here.
My last event was 205. Definitely getting the itch. Philly is like 2.5hrs for me.

I haven’t even looked at the card or ticket prices. We are currently trying to plan 2 weeks in Hawaii, which is hella expensive

With 5Dimes and other online books getting your personal info, isn't there the risk that they report your gambling withdrawals to the IRS?
Makes no sense for them to do that since they're offshore books. I would assume they would get shut down or their traffic would get cut out if the books were reporting that tax information since it's all the wat illegal to online gamble on sports in the US still. In fact I think I read a story recent saying Congress or the House or something doubled down on the illegality of sports gambling. It's a slow burn but eventually gambling like that will get legalized all over once the government or the states realize the profit they could make off of taxes from it like Washington, California, Colorado, etc have done with pot.

According to their online profile, 3k is the max for first-time withdrawals or to qualify for free withdrawals, but they go up to $7.5k after the first time if one is willing to pay a withdrawal fee.

Interesting. Do they say what happens if you don't have one or two of these?

Also, do you live in the US? What country's bank were the cashier's checks from, and did you have any trouble redeeming them?

Just a little advice - it may be a good idea to have a small separate banking account to run these checks through. People have had "source of funds" questions when applying for a mortgage and listing their bank accounts that have gambling deposits.

Just a little advice - it may be a good idea to have a small separate banking account to run these checks through. People have had "source of funds" questions when applying for a mortgage and listing their bank accounts that have gambling deposits.

This is a bit of a concern for me. Was planning on switching to purely BTC for this reason. By separate bank account do you mean at a separate bank?

This is a bit of a concern for me. Was planning on switching to purely BTC for this reason. By separate bank account do you mean at a separate bank?
Yes, and don’t disclose it on loan apps

With 5Dimes and other online books getting your personal info, isn't there the risk that they report your gambling withdrawals to the IRS?
These books are all offshore.

They are discrete.

They even message you about not disclosing to fed ex the contents of the envelope

Ya 5d is pretty legit in their payouts. It takes quite a bit of screening and, frankly, I don't blame them. That said, it shouldn't be so easy to deposit if its so difficult to withdraw. They deliberately let a payout sit there a couple days in case you tilt and want to reach into the withdrawal to wager

Wow, I was leaning towards Fedexed payments, but if they process Bitcoin within 1 day I might lean in that direction.

100% use Bitcoin. Make sure that if you withdraw in BTC, that you deposit with it too now and then because otherwise you might get an annoyed call/email from them. It hasn't happened to me, but I remember somebody posting about it here.

i've been using btc to withdraw a few times lately and the only problem is the volatility in price, it does expose you to a degree. especially as it can take 24 hours to payout and your not sure when it has gone through unless your checking your wallet constantly. I've been ok so far but if the price is especially volatile over a small time-frame it might be a good idea to wait until it becomes more stable. now for instance it's relatively stable but ppl are expecting a reasonably big move at some point soon.

edit: also another problem is finding a good price to sell at on localbitcoins, i don't know how you are transferring btc into $'s if you are at all but some countries can be lacking in prices that ppl will buy at that are close to the actual btc price. often it can be a couple hundred $'s off, basically equating to a pretty annoying fee.

Last edited:
i've been using btc to withdraw a few times lately and the only problem is the volatility in price, it does expose you to a degree. especially as it can take 24 hours to payout and your not sure when it has gone through unless your checking your wallet constantly. I've been ok so far but if the price is especially volatile over a small time-frame it might be a good idea to wait until it becomes more stable. now for instance it's relatively stable but ppl are expecting a reasonably big move at some point soon.

edit: also another problem is finding a good price to sell at on localbitcoins, i don't know how you are transferring btc into $'s if you are at all but some countries can be lacking in prices that ppl will buy at that are close to the actual btc price. often it can be a couple hundred $'s off, basically equating to a pretty annoying fee.

Yep, these were exactly my concerns for withdrawing through Bitcoin as well. I deposited with Bitcoin, and even THEN I lost a few dollars from the hour it took me to buy versus scanning it in.

Last edited:
Yep, these were exactly my concerns for withdrawing through bitcoin as well. I deposited with Bitcoin, and even THEN I lost a few dollars from the hour it took me to buy versus scanning it in.
yeah, my first one was slow to process as they needed time to verify that my rollover was complete( that's a whole other painful headache of a story) so i actually would of made money as btc price went up but by the time i received it i had basically broken even minus a few dollars, but then it was looking like the price might go down again and selling at localbitcoins through a new zealand vendor to my new zealand bank where i am now was too big of a difference in price (like $250), so i had to sell it to a uk vendor then send it from my uk account to my new zealand one which incurred an additional transaction fee, the whole process can be really tedious.

I live in Maryland, USA. Checks have been from Nova Scotia. My bank charges me 5 bucks to cash them because they’re from inferior canadia

Minimum $1000
Max $3000

Takes roughly 4 days from the time I apply to the time I get the check, via fed ex which requires a signature but you don’t have to be present

I wold assume there would be an issue if you were missing documentation. They’d probably be able to work with you if you didn’t have a utility bill.
is that minimum just for the check option? 1000 minimum withdrawl sounds fucking dumb

I'll be in philly. section 106

Back