Anyone ever start a campaign with Indiegogo, Gofundme, etc?

FlowWithTheGo23

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What did you use it for? How did it go? What's the best site for such things? Recommendations?

1) Clothing line with my bro.

2) Achieved the goal and then some. Even some Sherbros backed me up - can't thank them enough.

3) Used Kickstarter. All or nothing, more incentive for people to back you up. More incentive for you to take it seriously and give it all you got.

4) Advice: It won't be easy but it'll prep you up for the real world. This includes exposure, budgeting, relationship with vendors, etc. You gotta work hard and hit up as many places as possible including sites, podcasts, local stores. I hit up a local store, Half Off Books in Whittier and they backed us. Now they're carrying our tees, pretty awesome feeling getting help from a local business.

Don't back out and make excuses, make it happen. It took us 6 months planning before launching the campaign but I read it's usually less than that.

Another thing, first 5 days of the campaign is really important. Expose it as much as possible and let everyone know. We gave out early bird specials. I think if you reach 20% of your goal the first 5 days, there's 90% chance you'll achieve your goal. Reason is that strangers down the road will want to back it up because they see it doing well. Gotta create enthusiasm.

work and save.

or ask that people just go to "such and such" travel agency to donate for your wedding gift..

Why the fuck would anyone pay for your honeymoon?

Lmao. Unless you've got one hell of a convincing reason as for why strangers should pay for you to have a good time, fuck you.

I've got bills that need to be paid, if any one wants to help haha

Why the fuck would anyone pay for your honeymoon?

People do it all the time, actually.

If you go on Indiegogo, Gofundme, etc., there are entire pages of people asking for (and getting) thousands of dollars towards their honeymoons.

id be willing to throw some money in for bus tickets to Milwaukee...

yeah people bang their cousins in some parts of the world too. doesn't mean you should.

i guess if you did this its not different than a registry. different day and age. good luck.

People do it all the time, actually.

If you go on Indiegogo, Gofundme, etc., there are entire pages of people asking for (and getting) thousands of dollars towards their honeymoons.

I know people do it all the time and every time I hear about someone doing something so pathetic, I cringe hard. Be a man, work hard and earn it rather than being an entitled brat.

Last edited:
I use kickstarter to help fund the comic book series I write. Even though I give the best value on rewards I can and it's pretty much just like pre-ordering something as they know they will get what they paid for, I did hold off on using it as it felt like begging a bit.

But using it purely for something personal like a honeymoon is repulsive to me.

Back