Anyone ever quit a job after 1 day or 1 week?

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
And I'm not talking about quitting at McDonald's or some job you had in high school. I'm talking a professional job in the grown up world. If so, why did you? Was it a smart choice?

I quit a night shift gas station job 2 nights in. Place was in the fucking hood and just not pleasant. I went to go get the 100 bucks from the days I did work and the cashier had spent it on meth.

Nope. I did do 1 day of orientation at mcdonalds though and the whole experience grossed me out. By day 2 I was about to go to work but a few of my friends were about to drink so I chose to join them lol. Seriously mcdonalds is gross as fuck, it was like a year before i had it again.

I quit 2 or 3 jobs after the first day, I hated them and didn't want to go back.

I got fired after 3 days on a large paying project management job. I think I embellished my resume a bit too much and ended up getting the boot. It was painful, I'll never do that again.

I quit 2 or 3 jobs after the first day, I hated them and didn't want to go back.

I got fired after 3 days on a large paying project management job. I think I embellished my resume a bit too much and ended up getting the boot. It was painful, I'll never do that again.

What type of jobs if I may ask? And did you have another job lined up or did you just quit and not have anything else? Are you glad you quit them or do you feel you should have stuck it out?

Early 20's, had a couple of jobs where i didn't even last 4 hours before i walked.

edit:
One was loading truck for a shipping company. It was hot AF in that truck, and i made it to my break. Walked and didn't think twice about it.
Other was working at some carpet place, just didn't like the vibe of the place, and quit after a couple of hours. No regrets.

Had nothing lined up when i quit both, didn't care.

What type of jobs if I may ask? And did you have another job lined up or did you just quit and not have anything else? Are you glad you quit them or do you feel you should have stuck it out?

Some jobs you know right away you don't want to be in. You just know. The first 2 weeks of any job is hard, you have to learn names, places and your tasks. I didn't want to stick out something I didn't like in the first place. The trick is to find a career, not a job. They are two different things. Once you have a career going you are set, just find the right job for that career. I made the mistake of switching careers and found a PM job with no experience. It was hired as a project manager for a large pharma company and couldn't grasp the basic concepts of the job. It was brutal, so now I try not to get in over my head anymore but at the same time I have to show I am capable and take on more work to expand. It's a tough balance.

I quit a job at a factory the first week on after highschool. The job sucked, the factory was pretty much a freezer. The pay was shit for how hard I had to work. Most people there were probably illegal. I end up buying a few ounces of weed with that paycheck lol

Back in 03 I had my hours cut at the repair shop I was working at so I took a part time job as a laborer for a roofing company to supplement my income. I made by it a day and quit. Talk about not worth it.

Some jobs you know right away you don't want to be in. You just know. The first 2 weeks of any job is hard, you have to learn names, places and your tasks. I didn't want to stick out something I didn't like in the first place. The trick is to find a career, not a job. They are two different things. Once you have a career going you are set, just find the right job for that career. I made the mistake of switching careers and found a PM job with no experience. It was hired as a project manager for a large pharma company and couldn't grasp the basic concepts of the job. It was brutal, so now I try not to get in over my head anymore but at the same time I have to show I am capable and take on more work to expand. It's a tough balance.

Interesting. Ya, this is a career that I'm in. And honestly it pays really really good but sometihng about the first day I seriously wanted to run out of the place!! It's not exactly as advertised , and not tough like remember names or figuring tasks....tough as in very dysfunctional.......but then again it's new and it's really hard to get a feel for it b/c nobody is in the office due to covid. So it's like me sitting by myself all day and just quiet and dark. I have another offer waiting but it's 10k less per year, but much closer commute...

But I should give it time b/c the grass isn't always greener..heh and I gave this place my word I'd work for them. Plus I mean I also try to figure, if they are going to pay me this amount of money I'll do lower level stuff all day I guess. I mean isn't mentally stimulating and using my skills but they're paying the bill!

Ya, the balance of making yoruself seem great on a resume vs totally going overboard and getting stuck in a job you can't handle!! heh.

Back in 03 I had my hours cut at the repair shop I was working at so I took a part time job as a laborer for a roofing company to supplement my income. I made by it a day and quit. Talk about not worth it.

How much do you get paid to mod? Asking for a friend

Door to door sales of random shit.

Did a intro shift with a guy who made $250 a day apparently. He sold like $80 worth of stuff in 9 hours so I didn't bother asking about his commission.

I did mentally quit another job but recanted once I got my payslip.

1st job after graduation back in 2006. Says advertising and marketing company. I thought I'd be designing posters, collaterals and shit. They made us sell books door to door. Talked to the hot supervisor during lunchbreak and walked off. Didn't bang.

Yes a shit factory job that required me to stand at a machine 12 hours a day and deburr pieces of plastic that came out of a machine every 2 minutes. I walked out 10 hours into my first shift.

I quit my 1st job out of my apprenticeship after 2 days because I had a physical altercation with the boss.

I walked out of a factory job (coca cola) after 3 hours

I quit a job installing solar panels at a remote mine site after 4 days, I refused to see my swing out and sat in camp untill the company booked me a flight home

I did the runner from my 1st job fulltime job out of school at a metal fabrication place, went for lunch and never returned.

As a self employed person I have refused to work for people within 10 minutes of meeting them...I have a good story , but it’s a little long,,

I quit my 1st job out of my apprenticeship after 2 days because I had a physical altercation with the boss.

I walked out of a factory job (coca cola) after 3 hours

I quit a job installing solar panels at a remote mine site after 4 days, I refused to see my swing out and sat in camp untill the company booked me a flight home

I did the runner from my 1st job fulltime job out of school at a metal fabrication place, went for lunch and never returned.

RU unemployed these days?

Back