Anyone ever opened a pizza business?

Actually that makes sense. People who take pride in their food and quality tend to be tough competition. I can understand your friend not opening a pizza shop. Argentina as you mentioned is a place that prides itself on high quality hospitality. Your friend needs more than just solid ingredient. Perhaps a reliable partner which you mentioned he had the opposite which can make a person jaded.

He could kick ass in Canada. Pizza owners tend to not care about quality or pride in pizza.
No, my friend does not open a pizza shop because he lives under the impression that everything here is shit and he is depressed as fuck. In the meantime the food business is thriving here even with a bad economy.
I offered him the money to open the business and some help with the numbers and the organization of random stuff (my thing) while he could take 100% control of the kitchen. We were even searching at mismanaged pizza shops at one point but at the 3rd location he rejected I gave up.
The situation with his former partner was that when he had to come back to Argentina, the other guy told him that he could not pay for his 50% and only had 3K (euros). And my friend wanted to sell immediatly to avoid any responsability in the future.

Anyways.. back to the pizza. I think you have to love doing it if you are going to commit in doing it outside a franchise. You have to work your ass off and you would be better working for someone if you don't like it. If you love doing it the is the best feeling in the world.

The best pizza&empanadas shop in my area (that is full of those) is one run by a family. The place has no tables to eat there.. it's only to go or delivery. If you go at 20pm (we don't have dinner before 21) and they are all together filling the empanadas and chatting... from the grandma to the kids.

It's a lucrative business and with all the pizza franchise's screwing people over now a days its not bad to have ones own pizza shop and you can exercise creativity and have your own recipe.

One thing is, pizza will never go out of style.
View attachment 710691

Chael Sonnen did once . . . once . . .

Just put all your money in Apple stock. The pizza landlords will make sure you go bankrupt.

No, my friend does not open a pizza shop because he lives under the impression that everything here is shit and he is depressed as fuck. In the meantime the food business is thriving here even with a bad economy.
I offered him the money to open the business and some help with the numbers and the organization of random stuff (my thing) while he could take 100% control of the kitchen. We were even searching at mismanaged pizza shops at one point but at the 3rd location he rejected I gave up.
The situation with his former partner was that when he had to come back to Argentina, the other guy told him that he could not pay for his 50% and only had 3K (euros). And my friend wanted to sell immediatly to avoid any responsability in the future.

Anyways.. back to the pizza. I think you have to love doing it if you are going to commit in doing it outside a franchise. You have to work your ass off and you would be better working for someone if you don't like it. If you love doing it the is the best feeling in the world.

The best pizza&empanadas shop in my area (that is full of those) is one run by a family. The place has no tables to eat there.. it's only to go or delivery. If you go at 20pm (we don't have dinner before 21) and they are all together filling the empanadas and chatting... from the grandma to the kids.

Oh I see, its hard to start over. I mean he did establish himself and yet he had to go back to square one. Its fair to feel depressed and dejected. We have a thriving family business. We worked our asses off in 2014 from morning to late night. Prepping, creating and revamping menus, buying kitchen equipment and new ovens as well as doing the back breaking, dirty labor work. After 4 years we finally got to a place that the business was finally a business and not a job.

I mean its a beautiful feeling knowing that you don't have to be there all the time since its running smoothly and people love to work there since good tips and money. But the beginning years was hell. I would dread the idea of starting all over again, cleaning the grills, scrubbing the floor and doing the labor intensive work all over again since we haven't established customers.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for the fact that I done that since it allows for gratitude to be experienced and that no guarantees that we were going to make it but starting all over again is emotionally taxing but not impossible. On the positive side, your friend was a winner and he can still be a winner. But the beginning is hell. After you experience success, its hard to start all over again.

Chael Sonnen did once . . . once . . .

Business went down big time when Matt Serra went back to New York.

I tried to open a Big Sausage Pizza business before I got arrested

I love pizza. I have been making my pizza from Youtubes i watched and I got to say it tastes better than Big Chain pizza. It is also easy to make.

What do you mean by pizza landlords?
The landlords of the commercial real estate the pizza place is operating in.

Malls are becoming ghost towns. They want their money, no matter what. Raise the rent to make up for lost rent from all the vacant spaces.

Ok here's my idea

5ddd3145fd9db218ca76fd38

Make this image a cartoon (photoshop or whatever) - BUT make his hair BLONDE. Put it on the box and call it Papa Jan's Pizza (Jan is prounounced Yan)

Tell the people its SWEDISH pizza. They will flock to you in droves

Opening a restaurant is usually one of the worst business decisions a person can make.
...and pizza businesses have a ridiculous competition we have literally about 5 on one block and our pizza sucks here in long beach i'm guessing we have maybe about 50 in the entire city and that is low balling it.

I'd love to open my own pizza shop but I don't have the dough. Sorry that was extra cheesy...good day folks!!!!

My buddies dad had one years ago it was pretty successful He sold it and retired . Last year he decided to try it again now he's struggling and burning money. You just never really know with this type of thing.
Probably technology. If he doesn't have anything for delivery aps and what not he's missing out on a lot of customers.

For the TS. My dad was a health inspector for some years. Saw so many people lose their businesses. Restaurants are a hard place to succeed in especially since franchise chains have so much power due to scale and technology

Speaking of pizza. Was in Costco. some south asians dudes sat next to us. They had a pizza and put hotdog onions on it and then proceeded to dip their slices in ketchup. I wanted to call immigration on them right then and there.

The landlords of the commercial real estate the pizza place is operating in.

Malls are becoming ghost towns. They want their money, no matter what. Raise the rent to make up for lost rent from all the vacant spaces.

This is true and good point in regards to mall. Based on my recollections the mall culture was pretty live until 2010s came and slowly the online shopping took over.

Also worth mentioning is the rise of local foods as oppose to franchise foods. People want local foods that are unique and colorful ad oppose to the bland corporate foods.

Back