Anyone ever have a house sitter? Or house sitted?

edco76

huh?
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, Im headed to the beach next month. I have 2 dogs and I usually have my in-laws care for them but this year, they are going with us. The in-laws. Not the dogs.

My wife is a nurse and her tech volunteered to house sit for us if we want. Watch the house and take care of the dogs etc. This is pretty tempting because we got burglarized about 2 years ago, so someone being there may be nice. He is in his mid 20s and lives with his mom. Seems like a nice guys and she says he is pretty responsible.

Anywhoo, 2 questions.

Anyone have god/bad experiences with house sitters/sitting?

I'm assuming I pay this guy? How much? I thought it may be a good idea to stock the fridge/pantry and maybe leave a credit card for unexpected expenses.

20 bucks a day? I've house sat before, was pretty chill. Was young so enjoyed having girls over at my "place." Lol.

20 bucks a day? I've house sat before, was pretty chill. Was young so enjoyed having girls over at my "place." Lol.

He's gay, so.... I'm guessing no ladies. Maybe gentlemen.

I'm actually hoping we come back and our house is tastefully re-decorated and my wardrobe is updated.

I house sat when I was 20. Threw the biggest party of my life in that house. Lost the ladies 2 dogs for about 3 days. One of the best weeks of my life.

Did it when I was younger. 20 or 30 bucks a day seems reasonable.

Be aware he may smoke weed on the premises and/or jerk off in the shower.

I would not let some guy you don't even know, much less trust, come into your home and live there for awhile.

This is a job for a trusted friend only.

I would not let some guy you don't even know, much less trust, come into your home and live there for awhile.

This is a job for a trusted friend only.

Well, I don't know him all that well but my wife does. They have worked together for a couple years and are pretty close friends.

Well, I don't know him all that well but my wife does. They have worked together for a couple years and are pretty close friends.

You sure he's gay? If not, you have bigger problems.

Yeah I did once for my buddy Ronnie. I kept on hearing what sounded like Prince asking me to get up while I was asleep in the middle of the night. Found myself walking in my sleep to a Billy Joel song.

You sure he's gay? If not, you have bigger problems.

Pretty sure. I mean if he wasnt I doubt she would sleep over so often...........

Serious tho, yeah. He acts just like Cam from Modern Family.

I used to house sit for my sister years ago. She would leave $20 a day for food, although I would tell her that wasn't necassary. Craziest thing I did was have a few friends over to play poker. If your wife vouches for him it will probably be fine. If he lives with his mom he will probably just enjoy having some time alone. Although he may bang some dudes in your bed.

If its a friend don't take advantage of them. One of the reasons I abruptly stopped being friends with a good friend honestly.

Pretty sure. I mean if he wasnt I doubt she would sleep over so often...........

Serious tho, yeah. He acts just like Cam from Modern Family.

If that's the case, then depending on how much you trust your wife's judgment when it comes to assessing this guy, you're probably okay.

You just have to know & be okay with the fact that he will probably bang a dude on top of everything you own.

So, Im headed to the beach next month. I have 2 dogs and I usually have my in-laws care for them but this year, they are going with us. The in-laws. Not the dogs.

My wife is a nurse and her tech volunteered to house sit for us if we want. Watch the house and take care of the dogs etc. This is pretty tempting because we got burglarized about 2 years ago, so someone being there may be nice. He is in his mid 20s and lives with his mom. Seems like a nice guys and she says he is pretty responsible.

Anywhoo, 2 questions.

Anyone have god/bad experiences with house sitters/sitting?

I'm assuming I pay this guy? How much? I thought it may be a good idea to stock the fridge/pantry and maybe leave a credit card for unexpected expenses.

We something like housesitting at work.
If you want to compensate him, ask him how much would be cool for his time. If he insists it's not a problem make sure to get him a "thank you" cars and throw some cash and/or a gift card I there.
A day or two before you leave make sure you tell him your going to the store and ask what they want.
Make sure you lock up your jewelery, medications, dildos, sensitive stuff up.

He probably won't steal anything. As long as you don't mind him going straight to your dirty clothes hamper, sticking a pair of your dirty underwear on his head, and watching Cabaret on Blu Ray through one of the leg holes, you should be fine; well, other than all the sexed butts and tossed salads that will occur on your bed anyway. You'll probably want to burn that bed afterwards, I'm thinking.

Back