Anyone ever have a freak injury?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by The Reed, Jul 23, 2010.

1. The Reed

The Reed Red Belt

Just got out of the hospital yesterday. On Wednesday I sparred with a Purple belt, he was taking it really easy with me, after subbing me twice he ended up in half guard(I think) and tried to sweep me backwards, I posted my arm out to stop the sweep and heard a loud snapping noise. I shouted "AHHH SHIT!" and saw my arm flop to the floor, I knew something was wrong, Doctors told me my arm was broken:mad:. Fortunately theres no surgery but I'm more worried about having to take time off than having one arm.

How about you guys?

2. Throwing Dummy

Throwing Dummy Green Belt

Lame dude, I'm sorry.

mine's not so bad compared to that. Was rolling and got my big toe tied up underneath me and snap! it came off to the side, real ugly, then popped back, but wouldn't heal and kept popping out again, hurt like hell each time. After six months of rolling with wrestling shoes, finally got an MRI and i had fully torn a ligament. Had to have surgery and have a nice nickel/titanium staple in there now. I still tape it every time I roll now.