anyone ever had a reptutation like palhares?

too many goofs on here who can't deal with Palhares

Palhares went out like an absolute boss, let go from two organizations because nobody wants to fight him. Being trashed by corrected popular opinion only hardens his legacy, 2015 the year MMA rescued legs

There was an OG guy can't remember his name that was banned from UFC and no one would fight him. Can't remember his name, he was an eye gauger.

There was an OG guy can't remember his name that was banned from UFC and no one would fight him. Can't remember his name, he was an eye gauger.

Are you talking about Gordeau?

[YT]watch?v=mLSk9GNgwBc[/YT]

5:17 - Axe kick to the back of the head.

Bob Schrijber had a bad reputation if I remember correctly.
Branko Cikatic also.

has there ever been another fighter known for leaving their opponents permanently
injured on purpose and/or holding subs too long?

Who was permanently injured?

It all depends on the organisation.
If Palhares wasn't kicked out of the UFC there wouldn't be such a shit storm.
He does hold on a little too long but he didn't do what Babalu did.
Just like Lauzon said "he's a bit of a dick" but I think this hate has gone too far.
He should change his tactics but far out.

I honestly think the difference is that most fighters feel the tap and watch for the ref to come where Palhares disregards the tap and waits for the ref to well and truly get involved.

What about poking eyes? Overly kicking a knee if the guy is half a foot shorter and has and injury is dirty..

Oh I think its kind of a dirty move, it could seriously injure a fighter. And often times knee injuries can be messy business.

I was just wondering if it was legal or not, I'm honestly not sure because I've seen many fighters use that technique.

Jones, Silva, Vera, ect.

Eye pokes are undeniably dirty though.

That's the second second day of initiation at Team Alpha Male.

After they make you do this...

Screen-Shot-2014-12-05-at-8.38.15-PM.png

Looks like TJ is just laying out the pink 'love tarp' ready to get the man orgy started

Who was permanently injured?

Yuki Nakai.

And every time one of these guys executes a heelhook after the tap, that leg will never be quite the same again, even with surgery.

I thought about that the other day after the fight. This was Palhares' what, 5th time doing this? I tried to think of people who had even done it twice, when it came to subs, but couldn't.

Babalu did it to Heath, but it was a choke (for the most part 1 second here or there with a blood choke isn't going to cause anything as serious as a knee bar or ankle lock) and was a personal thing, not Palhares just being nuts for the sake of being nuts.

What about poking eyes? Overly kicking a knee if the guy is half a foot shorter and has and injury is dirty..

injured fighters shouldn't take a fight, no? or at least, if they do, it's all good.

no need to respond.

Yuki Nakai.

And every time one of these guys executes a heelhook after the tap, that leg will never be quite the same again, even with surgery.

And he never spoke of it, just to keep MMA's good reputation, or just to not ruin it more, depends how you look at it. Still very noble thing to do.

Muay Thai/early K-1 fighter Branko Cikatić proves in one match why he's the dirtiest fighter in the history of MMA:

[YT]EAUlRCVoMYs[/YT]

Muay Thai/early K-1 fighter Branko Cikatić proves in one match why he's the dirtiest fighter in the history of MMA:

[YT]EAUlRCVoMYs[/YT]

Most people talk about Branko being a pretty nice guy. They always say this was him being in a fight he never should have been in. He knew from the start he was in over his head and figured he'd cheat to win or get disqualified, since he knew if he fought Kerr on the up and up he'd be beaten silly.

Yuki Nakai.

Who did Palhares permanently injured? That was the question. The thread started with that he permanently injured people, which fighters did he permanently injured?

Besides the fighter we 'thought' where 'permanently' injured.

And I don't mean fighters who got their ego permanently injured because the talked a lot of shit before the fight and then got submitted

That's the second second day of initiation at Team Alpha Male.

After they make you do this...

Screen-Shot-2014-12-05-at-8.38.15-PM.png

Yeah, you can only look so tough and take so many pictures (grouped together half nekkid like that) before you begin looking uncomfortably homoerotic. My god it's like the Legion of Doom shrunk every villain to the size of children and took over a bathhouse as their base of operations.

Lenny from Of Mice and Men. He broke Curley's hand and Curley's wife.

Royce Gracie

did it really take this long to mention this

Back