Anyone ever encountered a traditional martial artist that hates MMA?

keeshen1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My dumb ass next door neighbor trains shaolin kung fu and some weird ass karate style. He doesn't spar, he talks shit about MMA, boxing, muay thai, or any fight sports, and thinks he's the baddest mofo on earth. I asked him to spar many times but he's always making dumb excuses to chicken out. I called him out on that and this is what that idiot said:

"I'm not scared to spar you. It's just the techniques in my system will dislocate body parts and break the body in ways you are not familiar with, no training pads will protect you from the system I train, the moves are not designed around rules and regulations of sport martial arts like MMA and boxing. I study pathology, and I use that study in my system, and my reflexes are such to use my system on reflex. With out health insurance for combat, and an legit fighting venue, I will not fight anyone unless it's in self defence. I'm not giving away my precious martial arts techniques from my system that easily, sorry. but nice try!"

There you have it. A dumb karate/kung fu idiot that NEVER spars, NEVER fought in his whole life, and thinks he's the baddest and toughest fighter on earth. The worst part is he thinks he can beat up a UFC champion, hahahaha.

Anyone ever encounter these type of dumb asses?

Well my dad hates doesn't understand MMA and refuses to watch it with me, he's done Kung Fu for 30 years, I have immense respect for him, and he thrashes me at every aspect stand up, wrestling, I'll put him in an arm bar for instance, and he'll find a way to press a pressure point, twist my arm around, counter it and pin me to the floor. Forcing me to submit, and he's usually going soft. One thing he does is whenever I clinch, he pushes on my jaw, pushing my balance off and forcing me to release. Plus, I know a lot of people that don't approve of MMA that are actually badass.

Well my dad hates doesn't understand MMA and refuses to watch it with me, he's done Kung Fu for 30 years, I have immense respect for him, and he thrashes me at every aspect stand up, wrestling, I'll put him in an arm bar for instance, and he'll find a way to press a pressure point, twist my arm around, counter it and pin me to the floor. Forcing me to submit, and he's usually going soft. One thing he does is whenever I clinch, he pushes on my jaw, pushing my balance off and forcing me to release. Plus, I know a lot of people that don't approve of MMA that are actually badass.

Yea I have an asshole uncle that that.

He tells me he can snap my leg with a simple front kick and all this bullshit but the one time we both got shitfaced and fucked around I had his back and a full on rear-naked. I wasn't actually trying to choke him out but just wanted to show him that his 6'7 290lb ass got handled by his 6'2 213lb nephew and what does he do?

He grabs my ear and yanks on it like he wants to rip it off. So ofcourse I let go of the choke and then he goes on about how he owned me.

But I guess everyone always has that asshole uncle.

I wasn't implying that your dad is an ass but my uncle fights really dirty and it shows. But it just made me mad because I could also fight dirty, I just don't brag about doing it or do it when Im just fucking around with someone.

sounds like you can't finish an armbar

He grabs my ear and yanks on it like he wants to rip it off. So ofcourse I let go of the choke and then he goes on about how he owned me.
He knows deep down that in a life or death fight, he'd have your ear and you'd have his life. I bet he doesn't start shit any more.

My dumb ass next door neighbor trains shaolin kung fu and some weird ass karate style. He doesn't spar, he talks shit about MMA, boxing, muay thai, or any fight sports, and thinks he's the baddest mofo on earth. I asked him to spar many times but he's always making dumb excuses to chicken out. I called him out on that and this is what that idiot said:

"I'm not scared to spar you. It's just the techniques in my system will dislocate body parts and break the body in ways you are not familiar with, no training pads will protect you from the system I train, the moves are not designed around rules and regulations of sport martial arts like MMA and boxing. I study pathology, and I use that study in my system, and my reflexes are such to use my system on reflex. With out health insurance for combat, and an legit fighting venue, I will not fight anyone unless it's in self defence. I'm not giving away my precious martial arts techniques from my system that easily, sorry. but nice try!"

There you have it. A dumb karate/kung fu idiot that NEVER spars, NEVER fought in his whole life, and thinks he's the baddest and toughest fighter on earth. The worst part is he thinks he can beat up a UFC champion, hahahaha.

So what does the study of disease in the human body have to do with sparring? Perhaps you should go ahead and just attack him and see what happens? :icon_lol:

The fact that he thinks pathology has anything to do with the efficacy of his fighting system would tip you off. That and the fact that there are no longer secrets in fighting...not in this day and age.

I've never spoken to any that really badmouth MMA but I've talked to many that think MMAisn't viable in real life. Many TMAs are based around killing/crippling your opponents where as MMA works under fairly stringent rules and the goal is to win the fight not to destroy their life.

Watch the first Fight Science specieal at some point, there's a guy who does a "death punch." Some TMAs are capeable of ruining you with just a punch, and it's useually a punch that's illegal in MMA.

Also Akido, while many of it's practitioners are incredibly arrogent, at the higher levels starts useing a lot of throte strkes that kill someone really easily.

I beat up a guy who trained karate pretty easily, is hard to get TMA guys to fight because the come up with a million excuses, we set it up in a muttual friends front yard, TKo'ed him in about 40 seconds, I train MT,judo and western boxing , he said his karate was superior to my MT he was also 6'2" 190 lbs I'm 5'8" 170 lbs,I overpowered him fairly easy MT strength >karate.

marines run their mouth too but I usually find they are tougher, and better fighters than most TMA guys,but military guys usually get worked by our amatuer team when they show up to my boxing(Azteca boxing)/MT gym acting tough.

He knows deep down that in a life or death fight, he'd have your ear and you'd have his life. I bet he doesn't start shit any more.

Still though, someone needs to find a way to prevent that from happening when choking someone from behind

lol, keep shoving him and chest-bumping him ghetto-style until he's willing to spar you

I've never spoken to any that really badmouth MMA but I've talked to many that think MMAisn't viable in real life. Many TMAs are based around killing/crippling your opponents where as MMA works under fairly stringent rules and the goal is to win the fight not to destroy their life.

Watch the first Fight Science specieal at some point, there's a guy who does a "death punch." Some TMAs are capeable of ruining you with just a punch, and it's useually a punch that's illegal in MMA.

Also Akido, while many of it's practitioners are incredibly arrogent, at the higher levels starts useing a lot of throte strkes that kill someone really easily.

So what punch would that be exactly?

Last edited:
traditional martial artist that hate mma? now who would of ever thought...

Back