1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Anyone ever do a juice cleanse ?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by johnnybeebob, Nov 1, 2020.

1. johnnybeebob Banned Banned

I think of two day cleanse 108$ CAD. I want health and Vigor in my life and this seems like a good kick start to de tox

2. NoGoodNamesLeft Silver Belt

what kind of jiuce u puting up up bootyhole with teh turkey bastre?

Javelina likes this.
  3. Javelina Red Belt

lol, that is the 1st thing i thought of

TeTe likes this.
  4. wufabufa Silver Belt

Not sure how starving yourself on a liquid/sugar diet is the picture of vigor and health. Your body already has tons of detox pathways. Exercise, sleep well, avoid chemicals/pollutants, manage stress, and eat clean....your body will do the rest.

You do you though, chief.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  5. DEVILsSON Black Belt

Juice cleanses in of themselves are bullshit...

If you want to try fasting then that may hold many benefits. Some of the best benefits are achieved in 1-4 day fasts. Consult with a doctor to make sure it's safe for you.

If your nutrition, sleep, and overall health are fine you may want to look into general well being supplements and boosters.

You may want to read up on NMN and NR (which are absurdly expensive but have shown some promise for energy in animal models---watch out for cheap fakes). They are also often paired with trans-resveratrol(also quite expensive) or pterostilbene. Also fisetin could be worth a look. This is on top of general multivitamin type supplements. Also D-ribose might help you if you're experiencing chronic fatigue type symptoms.

BoxingGuy and wufabufa like this.
  6. Frode Falch Steel Belt Professional Fighter

No because i aint a housewife

7. RightToBareKnuckles Purple Belt

i would just go with a 1-2 day fast, assuming you don't have any blood sugar control issues that could be a danger to your health. it's amazing how hunger pangs can go away and we realize we don't really need to eat those chips or ice cream, it's probaby stress driving us to do that.

as far as cleansing, gradually get more fiber in your diet. if you increase it too quickly, leads to bloating and other issues. best of luck!

<JackieThumbsUp>

8. Bluesbreaker Black Belt

I've done a couple and felt good both times. During cold weather, it's a struggle though.

9. TeTe yeah, she squats Staff Member Senior Moderator

Better off doing a protein shake cleanse. If you don't mind shitting your brains out after two days.

10. ThunderL1ps Red Belt

There is no need to spend over a hundred dollars on any sort of cleanse. Nothing can cleanse the body better than the body's own natural processes, provided you get out of the way of yourself.

But for "health and vigor," I don't know what your current diet is, but I'd eliminate anything that you have a dependency on (caffeine, sugar, complex carbs) before anything and If you don't have any underlying health issues, I'd toy around with doing a 1 to 3 day water fast. I see doctors saying you can fast and have coffee and tea (Dr. Jason Fung), but I doubt that's a true fasted state (getting out of the way of yourself). Dr. Ronda Patrick has more information about caffeine and it's effect on the body during fasting.

I did a ten day fast once and the first couple of days are the worst, where your body pushes back against you. Seriously, if on your first attempt ever fasting, you did a one day fast, you're doing really well and it's a lot harder than it seems. My first attempt of purposely fasting, I didn't even make the full day. You can get stronger, which I will get to.

The ten day fast I did about 10 years ago now, before everyone hopped onto the fasting train. There was not a lot of info online about it that seemed legitimate, so I didn't know what to expect. The toughest period for me was the first day and a half. I wanted to eat, I had headaches, but the information I found online said essentially, I'm not going to die missing some meals and the feeling of hunger will go away. At the end of the second day the hunger response eased up and I had TONS of energy. After that point my body figured out what was going on and kicked into another gear. Believe it or not, I even got to the point over that 10 day fast where I went out with people multiple times during a baseball tournament spread over days and sat with them while drinking water and they ate without being tempted or cracking. There was some strength of willpower and confidence being developed as an added bonus.

After I did the fast I came across Dr. Joel Fuhrman's book "Fasting And Eating For Health." Furhman tells his own story of what made him become a doctor after having an injury that would not heal when he was on the U.S. Olympic team and gets into the science of fasting. If you go down the fasting route and cannot decide between juice fasting and water fasting, water is the superior fast for both how it affects the body and the protein sparring effect. Fuhrman also advocates much longer fasts for chronic health issues with 21 -28 days being the optimal.

Back to my original point: there is no need to spend money on any sort of concoction to purge your body. That is nothing but a scam, no matter what they tell you. Naturopaths can be snake oil sales man like anyone else . Start with eliminating man-made things from your body and potential caffeine, carb addiction before your do anything.

11. DianeGlover Banned Banned

I tried it and spoiled my stomach. Better no experiment with juice. Now, I'm on a special diet to recover my digestive system