Social Anyone ever adopt?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by fingercuffs, Nov 10, 2020.

1. fingercuffs VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT Platinum Member

There’s a motorbike travel documentary I watch with Ewan McGregor and his best Mate Charley Boorman where they travel all over the world. The first one must have been like 15 years ago but the new one is on Apple TV on Fridays. He had his adopted 17 year old daughter on it that he adopted when she was a really small child in an orphanage but never mentioned it before.

he and his friend do a lot of work with UNICEF which is where he met her. I admire that he isn’t rubbing it in people’s faces like for instance Madonna and considering how closely I’ve been following the documentaries I didn’t know.

2. A.A. Riggs sweet ... sweet meat!

You mean like a fake accent?

3. Rygu R.I.P. Obie Platinum Member

Fuck no I don't even want biological kids why would I want to raise someone else's genes?

BFoe likes this.
  4. fungi rl

It takes heart to do that.
    Don't know if I have that much heart.

5. Eiffel-sixtyFight Green Belt

Would be awkward if adopted daughter grew up to be hot.

One day you'd be like soooo remember I'm not your real dad...........

6. Zer Steel Belt

Tried adopting this 18 year old Korean girl once but they got a thing against against single dads I guess

7. fingercuffs VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT Platinum Member

Because orphans? He has the money and enough time to raise her for 15 years. When we originally saw her in the doc 15 years ago it broke my heart because it was miserable. He did a good thing. She’s now full of confidence and has had a good life so far since then. They get on great, have a real laugh and are completely natural like he’s her biological dad...I doubt she can even remember the orphanage.

LHWBelt likes this.
  8. Brandon Wilson Amateur Fighter

No, 2 kids of my loins.

However, my parents got pregnant in their mid teens, and gave the girl up for adoption about 2.5 years before I was born. I found out when I was 13. My Dad started looking for her when I was about 15. Due to adoption laws, they wouldn't put him in touch with her. When she started having kids of her own, and she knew for years she'd been adopted, she wanted to find out about any family medical history. She found us (due to my Dad reaching out) about 17 years ago. I went from being the eldest child, to being the middle child.

9. Dragonsamurai White Belt

I got powerful semen

10. Sickness1 Sickness Belt

My cousin and his wife have four adopted kids. This kids had horrible parent's before them. I won't get in the parents issues which why they were taking away. It's a neat thing they have a loving family now

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    Phlog, Rebelfett and Ornife like this.
  11. Rocco Siffredi Yellow Card Yellow Card

Thinking about maybe adopting a korean girl, skip marrying mia farrow biatchass, and in a few years go full Woody Allen on her.

12. fingercuffs VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT Platinum Member

What is the relationship like with her?

TeTe likes this.
  13. fingercuffs VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT Platinum Member

that’s wonderful.

my sister in law (I forgot) has two adopted girls who are sisters. Highly autistic, one was in a wheelchair and as adults one of them can’t live alone. She’s in an annex attached to the main house.

Rebelfett, Ornife, TeTe and 2 others like this.
  14. TapSnapBreak Fossil Griffin Belt

Would not

15. Aegon Spengler Gold Belt

I have been trying to watch this but it isn’t available on “Amazon Prime in Canada”.

Driving me batty.

One of my best friends adopted a 13 year old into his family but they kicked him out a few years later because he was so troubled and aggressive. I have thought about it myself though. I wonder if I could impart something worthwhile to a kid over the course of the days and hours where only a minute or two of wisdom sinks in. It’s such a hard thing.

fingercuffs likes this.
  16. Sickness1 Sickness Belt

I love hearing that kids like this can find good homes. No matter what kids need a good up brining.

fingercuffs likes this.
  17. fingercuffs VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT Platinum Member

What about Apple TV if you do the free month thing to watch the current one Long Way Up?

TeTe likes this.
  18. fingercuffs VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT Platinum Member

And it was good that the sisters were together.
    One of them was pretty violent but not in her right mind at all so I’ reckon she didn’t mean it. Happy they managed to stay together as siblings.

Rebelfett, TeTe and Sickness1 like this.
  19. TestosterOWN ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ้้้้้้้้้้#O͙ͦͯͦͯ͛

this shitty YouTubed family blogger had 4 kids. Adopted an Asian kid who had problems and was told he had sever problems from doctors,

She was on forums asking what are some problems that look bad but aren’t that bad. So basically she could milk the kid for views. She basically gave up and gave the kid back.

some say she thought he had a brain tumor so she figured he would die and could get sympathy views. The vid above is long but these people are insane and are basically what’s wrong with these YouTube families exploiting their kids.

TidWell likes this.
  20. Sickness1 Sickness Belt

good to hear that the siblings can stay together. People don't realise that could damage they're way of thinking if they are not with Thier sibling. My cousin first kid he adopted was only child but the three others came from such a broken home we didn't know if he could get all of them at the time. I really really feel sorry for those three kids especially the one who seen it all. Legit makes me cry every time I see the one child...sorry coming as a puss

fingercuffs likes this.