Anyone else's facebook feed full of Syrian kids getting bombed propaganda?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Rockapotomuss, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Rockapotomuss

Rockapotomuss Woke Based Poster

The ones we have to stop in and protect, to save Aleppo and the American pipeline? Why all of these videos now of suffering children? Where are the videos of Obama's collateral damage drone victims?

2. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Titanium Belt

I haven't seen any.

3. Blackened

Blackened It is a new era! Double Yellow Card

Counter signal the fuck out of them.

It's propaganda to destroy us and should be treated as such.

4. jimbob27

jimbob27 Ken Shamrock Belt

The American and Russian armies operate on completely different rules of engagement. That's why America's bombing campaign against ISIS is so ineffective, and why there is little evidence of them randomly killing civilians. The russians and syrian army aren't as bothered by collateral damage, hence all the videos.

5. AnytimeAnywhereAldo

AnytimeAnywhereAldo No, Daddy, no! Banned

Our fault / Steve Jobs / Western imperialism / wah wah

JbModest likes this.
  6. IDL

IDL Gold Belt

American interests are aligned with ISIS in Syria (destabilizing the country, undermining Assad), so perhaps they aren't interested in stopping them.

I wouldn't be surprised if some weapons and perhaps some money 'fell off the back of the truck' on purpose, and ended up with ISIS.

7. Thurisaz

Thurisaz He is risen Banned

Retaliate with this:
    [​IMG]

Staph infection and Blackened like this.
  8. kickboxjh

kickboxjh Banned Banned

Just virtue signalling from ugly whores trying to look better than their ugly whore friends, and friend-zoned nu-males looking for a beta way of bedding those ugly whores. Nothing new.

9. INTERL0PER

INTERL0PER Brown Belt

A lack of empathy is one of the biggest problems facing or societies.

This thread is the perfect example of the problem.

phipps66, kpt018, SlicerDM and 4 others like this.
  10. Rockapotomuss

Rockapotomuss Woke Based Poster

Selective empathy is a bigger problem imo.

phipps66, kpt018, Stoic1 and 3 others like this.
  11. PrinceOfPain

PrinceOfPain Silver Belt

Why does it look more every year like some elements of America's leadership are desperate to go to war with Russia?

12. AnytimeAnywhereAldo

AnytimeAnywhereAldo No, Daddy, no! Banned

Literally the most retarded post in WR history. Congrats

Natty Dread likes this.
  13. TheGreatA

TheGreatA Silver Belt

I would argue the opposite. The over-abundance of empathy being directed to foreign crisis scenarios, that the average man cannot legitimately affect in any positive way, leaves most people numb and apathetic to the suffering around them. Instead of helping their family or friends or their next-door neighbour, who they would actually require to have a social relationship with (which includes having to deal with the good and the bad), they will satisfy the impulse to "do good" by taking part in social media campaigns and making sympathetic comments on the internet about people that they do not know and problems that they cannot even begin to understand.

The ScorpioN, kpt018, Zankou and 6 others like this.
  14. Blackened

I don't think it's real empathy.

I think it's about social status as it's the trendy thing to do. Too many people I discuss this with that have those views are boarderline sociopathic for me to think it's empathy. Where is the empathy for the victims of the Christmas market truck incident? Exactly.

Hopefully it's just a fad. Unfortunately the damage done during this fad will be irreversible, but hopefully it's over sooner than later.

15. TheGreatA

TheGreatA Silver Belt

There is a legitimate impulse within people to do good, if not naturally, then atleast due to centuries of being brought up into Christianity. However, people's capacities to actually do good and feel empathy are limited and, in my opinion, should not be wasted on scenarios where you cannot possibly have any kind of impact, even if it will make you feel good by having made your 2 cents known about the most recent conflict on the other side of the world.

ShinkanPo likes this.
  16. Blackened

I'm not doubting that. I just don't think this is a case of people naturally wanting to do good. I think it's about wanting to look good in front of peers.

Edit* Maybe I shouldn't speak so broadly, but at least among the majority of people.

The propaganda no doubt has an effect.

17. TheGreatA

TheGreatA Silver Belt

I still think that there is the impulse that a person will feel like a bit of a piece of shit for not having done any good deeds during the day, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't think it's all about the image you're projecting to others, but also to yourself. It is only in recent times when it has become socially acceptable to feel good about yourself for having written some text on the internet in support of something that you don't really have any clue about and cannot honestly empathize with. For most people this is an easy way to accomplish their charitable deed of the day.

If people were truly more capable of not giving a shit about others, then a lot of people would be richer and more prone to doing whatever they please, I suppose.

18. Thurisaz

Thurisaz He is risen Banned

You're a parade example of a person who has none.

You fucking dare to try and shame those who actually care for their fellow countrymen.

AnytimeAnywhereAldo likes this.
  19. carlos cadona

carlos cadona Opinions subject to change Banned

It's all a bunch of Anti Shia propaganda coming from the gulf states. Sure kids are dying in Syria but government victory is the only option now that the rebel are all Sunni jihadists. The gulf states push propaganda about how "Shia militias" are killing children and "Assad must be over thrown by the FSA" and the facebook/twitter whores are eating it up.

Undying Poster likes this.
  20. carlos cadona

carlos cadona Opinions subject to change Banned

No this is a Gulf State funded propaganda campaign aimed at stupid people that don't follow the war, not simply people on social media being SJW's, it goes deeper. Sunni extremist governments are using this as a social media campaign to drum up support in the west for Sunni rebels.

Blackened likes this.