Anyone else want to go back to when you were a kid?

Lvnvmma

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I want to go back in time to the 80's when I was still a little kid. I want it to be 1980 when I was born and redo everything all over. Those were the best times of my life. My parents were still alive. The whole family was living under one roof. I miss watching GI Joe and Transformers with my cousins. Climbing trees, playing Super Mario 3 on the NES. Riding BMX. Trading cards. Most of all, I miss my mom.

Now, no matter what I do, it cannot hold a candle to how it was being a little kid. Things started to turn to shit around high school and went downhill from there, despite my gradually increasing success in education and my career.

The warm faded dream of childhood.

The light that we were, now past twilight of potential, to the darkness we have become, to the abyss we will go once more.

I’d go back to being 20. No responsibilities, partying all the time, ecstasy was still good, fun times.

Definitely. Armed with the knowledge I have now, I'm sure a young @Zer would grow taller than 5'8

Nah, my childhood sucked. I do miss my cousins though. And my grandparents being alive. But so much heavy shit happened. And I'm gonna go back with the mindset of a near 40 year old, but the body of a little kid? I'm gonna want to change things but nobody is going to let me.

I dunno man. Reliving the period of time when my mom loved me and I thought my family would always be there sounds nice. But then you know how it all ended up. And reliving some of the abuse. Ehhh. I mean I wouldn't spend my 20s being a retard doing nothing, buthe I don't want to relive that stuff with the dread in the back of my mind, knowing what's going to happen.

I wish we could turn back time to the good old days. When our Mamas sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out.

I'd love to go back when i was one of four brothers living with my parents under one roof. Watching the Beatles on tv[it was the sixties] or watching Manchester United on our black and white tv winning the European Cup.

Every household down our street had kids my age and each day all of us would be out getting up to mischief. We'd be out til it started to get dark and then we'd hear our mothers calling our names saying it was teatime[dinner for you Americans.]

In those days i was unaware of islam or muslims, i'd never heard those words, i had no fears or worries. I was lucky because i had a great childhood.

The only reason i would, would be to get myself to focus on tennis and basketball heavily instead of boxing.

I think i could have been able to make a career out of either if i applied myself. Got diagnosed with epilepsy later on so facey punchy became impossible.

Yeah, but we can't. And when I think back, those were often tough times, anyway. And with my mindset now, I would've gotten in a lot of fights, whereas back then I avoided conflict whenever possible. A lot of asshole kids would've been anklepicked. Not that I never fought, just shit talk had to go on for a long time before I didn't mind possibly hurting someone or losing a fight.
Also we didn't have shit, and I wouldn't even be able to do anything about it as a kid.
Girls, hanging with mah boyz, and sports would be cool, though. Plus seeing family members who are gone now.

Maybe it was good for me to actually answer this question, because I realize for fleeting moments that it wasn't sunshine and lollipops most of the time. And rainbows were aready ghey.
Wishing I could go back to almost any point is because I'm thinking of the good parts. But it was never actually easy.
<Fedor23>

I don't want ro go to any time but now. There is no other time imo.

In other times you were a different person.

Thankfully.

My childhood was dope! I had so much fun in the 90s. Kids don’t know how good they have it honestly. Not all kids, but a lot of whiney brats.

Hell no!

I’m 52 and these years are the best period of my life. Marriage still going strong, I’m just a few years away from retirement, son is married and doing really well. 50’s if where it’s at as far as I’m concerned!

Um, no.

I think I might've started an argument about that one here on in the war room.

Anyone who says they want to be a child because it was the best time of their life probably isn't doing much stuff with their life now.

Nah. I didn't particularly enjoy childhood. Home life was good but my school was horrific and I was short and depressed for most of my teenage years.

My brother Allie had this left-handed fielder's mitt. He was left-handed. The thing that was descriptive about it, though, was that he had poems written all over the fingers and the pocket and everywhere. In green ink. He wrote them on it so that he'd have something to read when he was in the field and nobody was up at bat. He's dead now. He got leukemia and died when we were up in Maine, on July 18, 1946. You'd have liked him.

Most definitely.

I had a really rough upbringing, but I hate the times we live in now even more

The warm faded dream of childhood.

The light that we were, now past twilight of potential, to the darkness we have become, to the abyss we will go once more.

Right in the feels bro ..... I got something in my eye.

Back