Anyone else think smartphones aren't designed to last?

I'm considering the possibility that it could also be a problem with androids in general.

Didn't mean this to be a bashing thread for one brand or the other, just want to hear different stories.

I had one of Samsung's touchscreens back before "smart phones" were really the commodity and it was just awful. They discontinued it because it had so many internal issues.

The battery can only go through approx 500 recharge cycles so in about 2 years you should be buying a new one and that should fix the phone inability to hold a charge. I wanted to get the new HTC M8 but not having a replacable battery and expandable memory is a deal breaker.

I don't really know. I actually just bought the first smart phone I've ever owned a few months ago. It's an iPhone 5s. We'll see what happens.

software wise iphones are reliable. I've had one issue, and they gave me a new one for free because it was fresh out of the box.

You're going to drop it in water before it slows down on you

The battery can only go through approx 500 recharge cycles so in about 2 years you should be buying a new one and that should fix the phone inability to hold a charge. I wanted to get the new HTC M8 but not having a replacable battery and expandable memory is a deal breaker.

Not a droid fan but HTC makes incredible phones

My Samsung GS3 just completely stopped working a few months ago. Had it for about 1.5 years It wasn't showing any signs of damage either. I was using it then set it aside for a few minutes. I come back and the phone is off. I try turning it on but it won't work. Tried replacing the battery and that didn't work either. Looked at some stuff online and came to the conclusion that the motherboard fried.

Now I'm using a crap phone until my upgrade. I won't be buying from Samsung again, but I'm sticking with Andriod because I personally like it more than iOS. Probably gonna get the LG G3.

Yup. For those that use their phone just as a phone, Apple is the cream of the crop.

I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of people who use droids, use them for the same shit as people with iPhones.

I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of people who use droids, use them for the same shit as people with iPhones.

True. But so many people use their phones for everything, not just talking.

Taking pics, surfing the web, downloading videos, playing on games.... Hell, talking on it is one of the rarest things I do on my phone... 2-3 times a week.

Whenever I purchase a new phone I ask myself one question......will it blend?

I'm curious as to what all of these droid users do that is so illustrious and rare. I keep hearing about it, sometimes they even try to show me, but it's 4 minutes of them swiping through folders to show me something

I've had my HTC One for less than a year and it's given me more problems than any phone I've had before. I had two different model iPhone's over five years and they were both very reliable. Learned my lesson, back to the iPhone as soon as the 6 drops.

Really? I've had mine for over a year and no problems. Have droppedbthis fucker a ton and its never cracked. Few dents but thats it.

But I'm also in a GPE One so I see no problem software wise.

True. But so many people use their phones for everything, not just talking.

Taking pics, surfing the web, downloading videos, playing on games.... Hell, talking on it is one of the rarest things I do on my phone... 2-3 times a week.

I agree, but you said that for people who just want to talk on their phones, an iPhone is the way to go. I don't know anyone who just talks on their phone and I know very few people who use their droids for more than what you can do on an iPhone.

I'm curious as to what all of these droid users do that is so illustrious and rare. I keep hearing about it, sometimes they even try to show me, but it's 4 minutes of them swiping through folders to show me something

I have no idea. I've had my HTC for about nine months and probably use it less than I ever did my iPhones.

Really? I've had mine for over a year and no problems. Have droppedbthis fucker a ton and its never cracked. Few dents but thats it.

But I'm also in a GPE One so I see no problem software wise.

It's all been software related. It got so bad at one point that I couldn't get into my phone for over an hour. My phone was completely locked up.

BB z10 son. I can download whatever the fuck I want off the web. only thing that sucks is no torrenting 8[

No, I feel like mine could last another 10 years.

Back