Anyone else think Moose would DESTROY Izzy?

The man is an absolute unit.

Better wrestling,takedowns, hits harder, tougher.

Just the man for the job.

Thoughts ?
What evidence do we have that Moose hits harder than Izzy? lol Costa and Whittaker ate bombs from Romero and went the distance with him, yet both got absolutely starched by Izzy. Not only does Izzy probably hit harder, he’s in a different tier from a technical perspective as well. The only thing you could say Moose is better as is wrestling and grappling, but outside of the first round last night, he had trouble taking down and holding down a career WW who has historically struggled with grapplers. I don’t see how you watched that fight last night and said “Man, this guys would give a 2020 Adesanya problems.”

Yes, you take that normal distribution graph and the 1% of outcomes at one end is Moose destroys Izzy. Lets say theres another 4% where he beats him comfortably, and 15% where he wins in decision, to give Moose an overall 20% chance of winning.

Compare that to the 80% where Izzy wins, made up of 15% Izzy destroys Moose, 30% he "beats" him easy, and 35% he wins via decision.

Do u math bro?

I gotta give Moussasi fans credit for their loyalty to their guy

Mousasi is one of my favorite fighters, I actually love him, but at best it would be a competitive win for him.

Thoughts ?
At no point in his career. Dude never gave enough of a shit to beat anyone like Izzy.
He does the bare minimum constantly and his record against the best of the best shows that.
Dude was completely demolished by Jacare, Izzy would murder him casually

He one shotted past prime glass chin Bisping and who else?

Hes put a lot of guys on their ass.

Also has less fights than moose and you can make the same argument for him aswell.

The only legit one shot ko i remember from Moose was an upkick against Jacare. He dropped Hendo pretty good too but he was decrepit by then aswell.

Lets be real though. Lets say you have to stand still and let one of these guys cock back and punch you square in the face hard as you can. Im letting Moose hit me rather than Kelvin

At no point in his career. Dude never gave enough of a shit to beat anyone like Izzy.
He does the bare minimum constantly and his record against the best of the best shows that.

You're joking ?

Moose is/was overrated AF. Izzy would make easy work of him.
How is he overrated?

- Almost 50 wins (83% finishes)
- Only KOd once - by flying knee (brutally avenged)

- Wins over notables like:
Weidman
Rory
Machida
Uriah Hall
Vitor
Hendo
Jacare
Thiago Santos
Leites
Munoz
Philippou
Latifi
OSP
Goodridge (HW)
Babalu
Sokoudjou
Mark Hunt (HW)
Manhoef
Hector Lombard
Douglas Lima

+ Impressive wins in kickboxing/K1 too.

If anything, he's one of the most underrated top fighters in all of MMA.

Thoughts ?
.... the same Moose that lost to Machida, jacare, hall, and king mo? No, I do not.

Hes put a lot of guys on their ass.

Also has less fights than moose and you can make the same argument for him aswell.

The only legit one shot ko i remember from Moose was an upkick against Jacare. He dropped Hendo pretty good too but he was decrepit by then aswell.

Lets be real though. Lets say you have to stand still and let one of these guys cock back and punch you square in the face hard as you can. Im letting Moose hit me rather than Kelvin
tumblr_ony5ts381H1r7vh24o1_r1_540.gif

He dropped Santos one more time in the fight against the fence. I would let Kelvin hit me, he couldn't even finish CTE Weidman.

He's 1-1 against Jacare.

.... the same Moose that lost to Machida, jacare, hall, and king mo? No, I do not.
He avenged both Machida and Hall losses. He's 1-1 against Jacare.

And King Mo got beat up from the bottom. Only thing he had was top control. His face got rearranged while Mousasi took almost no damage. Was a loss sure, but hardly a beatdown.

tumblr_ony5ts381H1r7vh24o1_r1_540.gif

He dropped Santos one more time in the fight against the fence. I would let Kelvin hit me, he couldn't even finish CTE Weidman.

If i remember correctly he dropped Chris but was taken down and submitted.

But hey im not gonna argue. Moose has never been known for his power but whatever man

He avenged both Machida and Hall losses. He's 1-1 against Jacare.

And King Mo got beat up from the bottom. Only thing he had was top control. His face got rearranged while Mousasi took almost no damage. Was a loss sure, but hardly a beatdown.
Not saying Moose is a can, everyone who's beat him is a great fighter, but he's never been quite champ level, and that was in his prime. Izzy is shaping up to be the best striker in mma history though, and has every measurable metric on his side. Most notably, speed and reach. Izzy dances circles around Moose and hits him at will.

Back