anyone else think Conor might win a decison?

UltimateMoving

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean he's gonna remain in the fight ateast a little later than last time, i feel like if he gets passed the 3rd round , the 4th and the 5th could be his because his strategy will switch to pure survival and energy save mode.

He said Nate is like Homer Simpson in the boxing episode. He also said he's going to make Nate bleed early on

Even if Conor is in great shape, I think if it goes past round 3 it favors Diaz.

I think if it goes to decision Nate will most likely win.

The way I can see Conor winning a decision is if he destroys Nate's leg and goes to the body early on in the fight

We ain't losing this fight. Ireland will not fall again

No, I think his gas tank will likely last longer and he might knock Diaz out inside 2 or 3. Beyond that I see Diaz finishing him. Won't see the judges imo.

I know Nate has the cardio advantage, but if Conor fights smart, mixing things up with combos and leg kicks, I think that's the way to go. Nate's got one hell of a chin and it will be really hard to put him away.

Even if Conor is in great shape, I think if it goes past round 3 it favors Diaz.

I agree, but can Conor win 3 of the 5 rounds and edge out a decision? I think that's really going to be the sticking point.

Finishing Nate is a tall order and while possible - it seems an unlikely outcome.

I mean he's gonna remain in the fight ateast a little later than last time, i feel like if he gets passed the 3rd round , the 4th and the 5th could be his because his strategy will switch to pure survival and energy save mode.

He said Nate is like Homer Simpson in the boxing episode. He also said he's going to make Nate bleed early on

He also disregards the fact that while homer absorbed shots until the gas tank was depleted, Nate consistently landed throughout the first. I can't recall the number difference in strikes in round one, but I seem to recall Conor landed fewer than 10 more strikes than Nate.

Conor has to chip away at Nate's lead leg, and he's got to use a LOT of lateral movement in this fight. It gets interesting however, even with those adjustments, because even is he utilizes that approach, him delivering leg kicks puts him JUST inside of Nate's insanely long range. He's going to have to eat punches to break that leg down. I don't know how long he can eat those punches.

Nate needs to get this on the mat for the NEAR guarantee W, and I think he can do that without too much trouble. Once they clinch, we'll again see that energy being completely sucked from McGregor's tank.

Conor's only path to victory is via the Condit plan.
Whether he can evade and land enough to win over 5 rounds is a whole other question.

BY ALL MEANS NATE can't let this fight go to the judges cause the ufc suits want Conor to win so bad I wouldn't trust it.

How does he go from gassing in 7 minutes to winning a 25 minute fight by decision in just a few months? Nate or con9rs styles won't let that happen.

How does he go from gassing in 7 minutes to winning a 25 minute fight by decision in just a few months? Nate or con9rs styles won't let that happen.

Cause he was in sprint mode , now he has had better cardio training and will be alot more efficient with his strikes. No unnecessary movement.

I got Neight by first round sub.

Everyone is talking KO and trying to break down how the fight will go striking-wise, but it is entirely possible that Conor gets taken down and subbed real fast. I see that as likely as Conor getting the early KO.

Everyone is talking KO and trying to break down how the fight will go striking-wise, but it is entirely possible that Conor gets taken down and subbed real fast. I see that as likely as Conor getting the early KO.

I'm with you. Nate knows he's leaps and bounds ahead of Conor on the mat. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he worked for the clinch quickly, roughed conor up enough to snag a double or land a hip toss and work some aggressive shit once on the floor.

I can DEF see a Nate sub in rd 1 here.

A lot of different ways this one could go though, I've got to admit that.

No, Conor will finish him, if Conor eases up on the 100% power shots and has the gas to go 5 rounds Nate wont be able to absorb the type of damage that will build up over 25 minutes, I think it's more likely a doctor would stop the fight or Nick would throw in the towel before it gets to the judges.

Back