Anyone else think a UFC tourney, where the winner becomes champ and wins 1 million dollars richer...

I love the idea, personally. I would set them up with a Grand Prix in each weight class every four years. Right now that would mean two men’s and one women’s weight class every year.

Also with your LW example I would dump Lee, who is moving up to WW, and add Cerrone. It also appears you left out Poirier for some reason.

Khabib vs Cerrone
Conor vs Iaquinta
Tony vs Gaethje
Poirier vs Barboza

The Grand Prix's lately have dragged so bad. The Strikeforce HW Grand Prix took a year and a half to complete and ended with an alternate winning. The Bellator HW Grand Prix took a year to finish and was 6 washed 40+ year olds and 2 Light Heavyweights and one of the Light Heavyweights ran through it with ease. We're already 7 months into the Bellator WW Grand Prix and they're averaging one tournament fight every 2 1/2 months and it's not even half way over yet.

If the UFC was going to do it, they need to have an open weight tournament with a strict time table. 3 fights in 6 months. Alternate bout winner needs to be ready.

That Bellator HW tourney was a joke. But, Invicta has a one night tourney coming up. I’m looking forward to that.

I liked the Bellator tourney, that means it was a success.

If the UFC was going to do it, they need to have an open weight tournament with a strict time table. 3 fights in 6 months. Alternate bout winner needs to be ready.

I liked the Bellator tourney, that means it was a success.

Half of them were LHW and Fedor did not win. You’re right... That was a success.

Back