Anyone else surprised Conor McGregor retired after Floyd?

Boy people are terrified at the thought of Conor coming back

Do you even read?
Thousands of people being exposed to the UFC to watch a boxing match doesn't benefit the UFC for anything other than that one fight if they don't continue to tune in....and based on their ratings and PPV buys, there hasn't been a real benefit shown based on that one fight.

Nope not me , I said we probably would never see him in the UFC again , he has to have at least a 50 mil price tag now .

one mayweather payday and conor turned into a regular bum who doesnt even fight anymore

You do realize that Conor made far more in that one fight then Floyd did throughout every one of his other fights other than Pacquaio right?

Say what you want about Conor, he will come back and flatline Khabib.

Based on what? His concentrated efforts to avoid fighting in the past couple years? If he wanted to fight Khabib, all he has to do is ask Daddy Dana and that fight is on. Has it happened? There's your answer.

Surprised he didn't fight Manny to be honest.
They could have sold it "he took a goat to 10 rounds etc".
Would have sold over 2 mil easy

He hasn't retired.
He'll fight again this year if he doesn't get a serious suspension for the bus.

He's the legitimate LW Champ.

Because Khabib damn sure isn't the real LW champ. He couldn't even finish the #11 ranked fighter who took the fight on a days notice.

Based on what? His concentrated efforts to avoid fighting in the past couple years? If he wanted to fight Khabib, all he has to do is ask Daddy Dana and that fight is on. Has it happened? There's your answer.

Khabib would also have to actually show up though. Don't get it twisted, Khabib's an amazing fighter, but he's pulled out of a ton of fights, and it wouldn't surprise me at all, if he ends up pulling out of a huge fight with Conor.

Once his Floyd pay day is gone, he'll return. You can't spend the rest of your life doing commercials and sponsoring shitty whiskey by milking a fame that must be built by fighting. And his legal fees might take a huge cut from his savings.

I really thought the UFC would have a deal where Conor got incredible money for 5 or more fights. 1 in boxing against Floyd and the rest in the UFC. I figured Conor actually didn't make that much on the Floyd fight, but the value would be spread out. That would be the UFC's guarantee Conor would return to the UFC and continue being a big PPV draw for them.

It looks like they actually just paid him a massive sum of money and have accepted he will retire a 'UFC celebrity'.

Either his celebrity status gives so much exposure to MMA that this is somehow worthwhile to them or they seriously fucked up in the contract negotiations. Either way the fans of the sport got fucked.

Given the space Conor was in financially do you really think he wouldn't have accepted $15 million a fight for 5-10 fights with the UFC after the Floyd fight? Why would they give him one massive payday. They had him under contract. He had no leverage.

tenor.gif
I'm about 75% sure conor will come back. By that I mean I think conor is leaning towards coming back. Barring jail, injury, or other unforeseen circumstance, i think we will see him back in the 8gon.

He will GSP(semi retired/long inactivity with no injuries) it up and be back by either December, or next year.

You do realize that Conor made far more in that one fight then Floyd did throughout every one of his other fights other than Pacquaio right?

So floyd made a fortune without conor, how did conor do without floyd?

But yeah im not so sure. Floyd got 80 million for the canelo fight. Conors reported purse was split between him and the ufc. Dana has talked about conor having about 75 million - that includes conors ufc earnings and all sponsorship money. And im pretty sure Floyd's sponsorships will be worth more than conors as he has a long standing relationship whereas conor doesnt have the option of this.

Conor got that payday because of floyd, its not really possible to argue otherwise, and this is a post retirement 40 year old floyd

Oh, he is not retired at all, just still recovering from the ass kicking he got, that is all.

I really thought the UFC would have a deal where Conor got incredible money for 5 or more fights. 1 in boxing against Floyd and the rest in the UFC. I figured Conor actually didn't make that much on the Floyd fight, but the value would be spread out. That would be the UFC's guarantee Conor would return to the UFC and continue being a big PPV draw for them.

It looks like they actually just paid him a massive sum of money and have accepted he will retire a 'UFC celebrity'.

Either his celebrity status gives so much exposure to MMA that this is somehow worthwhile to them or they seriously fucked up in the contract negotiations. Either way the fans of the sport got fucked.

Given the space Conor was in financially do you really think he wouldn't have accepted $15 million a fight for 5-10 fights with the UFC after the Floyd fight? Why would they give him one massive payday. They had him under contract. He had no leverage.

tenor.gif

I called it the second that fight became reality. People called me crazy, said he would defend his belt before the end of the year.... and here we are...

why would he fight for chump change after getting that huge paycheck?

Back