Anyone else surprised at how coherent Chael Sonnen is despite all the head trauma?

ClueChap

don't let the belt fool ya boi
@Orange
Reaction score
like srsly the man has endured some serious punishment. Which usually renders most fighters pretty shortwitted by the time they get to chael’s age, I mean blunt force trauma to the head constantly can’t be good for the mind lol. But yeah I mean he’s just such an intelligent guy, regardless of his bias opinions and general annoying tendencies. He talks straight facts and has got to be one of the smartest fighters out there

Well to his credit he's never been knocked out cold, he either turtles up or taps out

The dude barely got hit in his entire career , im not sure if he ever lost any minute of any fight . 47-0 TBE

ALL HAIL THE GOAT CHAEL SONNEN

Chael is doing just fine. It's his opponents elbows that I'd be worrying about. Most of them have already retired by now. Their fights with the Gangster from Oregon have taken a toll.

Head trauma? Do you know how many hands Chael has broken with his head?

He's a wrestler. He has spent most of his career on top of people.

Matt Brown is a brawler. He comes to stand and bang most of the time

Chael is love, Chael is life

When I hope to die I invision Chael in a white robe welcoming me into the pearly gates, the American gangster is my spirit animal

Well to his credit he's never been knocked out cold, he either turtles up or taps out
This is true.

Lets not say Chael is a dumb guy.

yeah, I'm not going to say its never happened, but I don't recall him ever getting hit really hard to the head..I mean, like knocked out or close to being knocked out.

He tends to quit as soon as he's in any real trouble. I've honestly never seen him rocked or dropped or even hurt.

yeah, I'm not going to say its never happened, but I don't recall him ever getting hit really hard to the head..I mean, like knocked out or close to being knocked out.
Jon Jones elbows?

Regardless of whether you guys recall him taking serious punishment I mean he is still a ufc fighter & has surely taken a few knocks lol I mean think of the Jon Jones elbows alone lol

He's taken way less damage than other fighters. I've never seen him fight through adversity, if he's stuck taking shots he usually covers up until the ref stops the fight.

Regardless of whether you guys recall him taking serious punishment I mean he is still a ufc fighter & has surely taken a few knocks lol I mean think of the Jon Jones elbows alone lol
Comparitivley to most fighters.he hasnt taken that much damage in his career,esp considering who he has fought.

Comparitivley to most fighters.he hasnt taken that much damage in his career,esp considering who he has fought.
I mean yeah that’s fair enough, Beginning to think my pint is invalid. Which is fine lol thanks for making me understand, clearly that’s why he’s so intelligent because he hasn’t had it stripped from him because of constant trauma, problem solved cheers boiz

Only guy I remember hurting him with punches is Wanderlei. We will see if Fedor adds to the list

*In the Wanderlei fight, he was dropped and came back. Not sure if he has ever comeback in any other fight though.

Only guy I remember hurting him with punches is Wanderlei. We will see if Fedor adds to the list

*In the Wanderlei fight, he was dropped and came back. Not sure if he has ever comeback in any other fight though.
How is everyone forgetting the Jones fight tho, or is that just so obvious it doesn’t need to be mentioned lol, I mean they were some mad elbows

i think wanderlei stunned him for a sec, but chael only loses by body shot or submission

i don't recall ever seeing him hurt from a head strike during his UFC run

Back