Anyone else still with Wandy?

Sure he's gone off the rails but I will always be a fan of his for what he did in the cage/octagon. The pure aggressiveness and violence he brought was a joy to watch.

He has always been crazy like this. Even in Pride

I'm not talking about crazy, like "crazy fighter", mostly with an approving tone. I'm talking about his videos and interviews in the last year, where it seems he's gone completely off the rail.

I can't support that, even if someone is a win-or-lose type of fighter.

Cut him or let him bang on a Brazil card. Why keep a guy under contract if you don't plan to let him work? It's a ****y move.

That's the sole aspect of his talks where i think Wandy is right. Let the guy go if you don't plan to use him.

but that's not the only thing he's rambling about.

I'm not necessarily in disagreement with him on the reebok deal, but the stuff about fixed fights sounds a little nutty. There were a few works in the 90's if I'm not mistaken but saying it happens now is a serious accusation. He just comes across as bitter about the whole drug test ordeal to be honest.

Cut him or let him bang on a Brazil card. Why keep a guy under contract if you don't plan to let him work? It's a ****y move.

Because he did it to himself and the UFC's hands were tied until Wand got it straightened out. Then Want started ranting and raving and tried his best to hurt the UFC, who literally did nothing to him.

I'm not talking about crazy, like "crazy fighter", mostly with an approving tone. I'm talking about his videos and interviews in the last year, where it seems he's gone completely off the rail.

I can't support that, even if someone is a win-or-lose type of fighter.

That's the sole aspect of his talks where i think Wandy is right. Let the guy go if you don't plan to use him.

but that's not the only thing he's rambling about.

I also do mean in interviews. Go back and watch some of the pride ones. hes always been a little...off. I think that's where the crazy aggression in the ring came from.

For the most part. Some of the shit he says really does make sense and in perfect logic. On the other hand some of this shit he says is completely off the wall and in no world would it make sense.

Wanderlei is the sole reason I became a fan of this sport. I'm Team Wand for life.

Im with him in that I hate how the UFC is holding him hostage and preventing him from earning a living so he gets pissed and lashes out and now the big corporation is suing him out of spite, BUT I also think he's not the brightest tool in the shed and should have known a little better.

I like him for what he was, but he's clearly been hit in the head too many times.

As fight fans I'm sure everybody on here loves Wandy for what he's done for mma. He's also one of the most friendly and appreciative of his fan base. I'm a huge Wandy fan and in my top3 of all time fighters but even I have to admit he's gone over the edge with his craziness. No way UFC fixed fights. It's too much to lose if even suggested.

Pretty hard to cheer for either side in this battle.

I certainly don't trust Zuffa but I hope he isn't going to start naming individual fighters who he claims have fixed fights unless he has evidence, that's crossing the line IMHO going after fellow fighters.

Ironic of course that a lot of people who hate Silva were jizzing themselves about Chael claiming that guys like Crocop, Nog and Hunt had all taken dives vs Fedor in Pride. In the end it tells you some people just have a rather childish attachment to the UFC brand over anything else in MMA.

Even though I think he has gone crazy a bit. I'm still on his side. Not in that I believe what he says, but support him 100%. That crazy bastard gave me some great memories of the world's greatest promotion of all time (Pride). The crazy stare downs and killing brain cells better than beer could. Anyone else still sticking with him even though he lost his damn mind? lol
I will be with him forever.That guy made me and my son, happy, so many times with his fearless style.I know he is a good guy too, maybe not highly educated,but both Wand and Shogun were pure warriors,and great men.I agree with most of what he says, even if it sounds a bit wild.I hate to share Sonnans name in the same breath as Wand,but he can talk better than wand,and was always insanely jealous of the Pride fighters,and he has admitted that,as well as looking for a way to tap. Polar opposites. Wand was a warrior,Chael wasn't.

I certainly don't trust Zuffa but I hope he isn't going to start naming individual fighters who he claims have fixed fights unless he has evidence, that's crossing the line IMHO going after fellow fighters.

Ironic of course that a lot of people who hate Silva were jizzing themselves about Chael claiming that guys like Crocop, Nog and Hunt had all taken dives vs Fedor in Pride. In the end it tells you some people just have a rather childish attachment to the UFC brand over anything else in MMA.
I've never heard him say that they took dives against Fedor.He was saying that there were fixed fights in pride but not specific to those guys taking dives against Fedor.

Love the wand. Almost favourite fighter ever. I love his outlook on life. Gotta admit though he's just a little crazy with his ped and ufc issues.

Back