Anyone else still baffled overeem defeated jds?

Jds just came off beating the fuk out of stipe, and then overeem somehow does the impossible and kos fukking jds. Holy fuck

I saw it live that night, it was nuts and completely unexpected! That's the mma game for ya

How long has it been since you've seen the fight? He definitely did but Reems defense was on point. Aggressive headshots, kicks, and even ripping a combo on a cornered Reem against the fence.
It's been a bit but I only remember the combo on the fence I don't remember him doing much else besides that

Beating the fuck out of Stipe? Did you even see that fight? A lot of people thought Stipe won lol
ok... so they beat the fuck out of eachother.

happy?
still doesnt change the fact stipes face looked like roadkill

I thought JDS just needed to connect once. JDS probably thought the same while training and let up a bit.

I'm not a fan of overeem, but as long as he doesn't get touched with the jab first, he can knock out most heavyweights.

Overeem was KOd from half guard ground and pound lmao..those fluctuating hormones were in his favor during the JDS fight.

We don't talk about this fight TS. We don't mention it.

Rafa Benitez vs Carlo Ancelotti who wins?
Ancelotti head kick KO. Wenger plays Ancelottis walkout song.
WengerGuitar.gif

A little surprised, sure. I figured both their chins would get checked and jds would win that battle.

Shocked that Reem kos anyone? Probably that's a stretch.

Not at the time I wasn't. JDS is back in form though and is the best #1 contender right now.

Is it really considered a KO? I mean Overeem knocked him down and the ref stopped it because he took some unanswered shots while getting up. I mean he was never out and wasn't even wobbly getting up. I mean that knocked down in the second fight with Cain that happened in the first round was more brutal and he went on from that. Should of been a TKO if anything.
But I suppose that semantics. Anyway, JDS fought too tentative and Econoreem is tailored made for space and timing. The JDS that was coming up in the UFC to become champion would of taken out any form of Reem. I still think he'd win with a better game plan.

no,but JDS lost something in those cain fights,he may not get it back.

Nobody see the earlie stoppage? Or blind?

it coulda gone on longer,but i dont think it was a bad stoppage. Thankfully for Travis Browne that dude wasnt reffing tho

I thought JDS would find Overeem's chin sooner but not very surprised about the outcome.

Back