Anyone else sick of Diego's act?

ippikiookami

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
The guy tries to act like a psycho pitbull, but as soon as the bell rings he rushes out to the middle of the ring and....stops. He then circles around, not doing very much other than getting cut and bleeding a lot. The guy's afraid to shoot in, doesn't commit to his combinations, and spends more time trying to get out of trouble than doing anything to his opponent. It's been this way for years. Give it up, Diego -- if you're going to fight tentatively, at least drop the mad dog act.

If I had to guess I would say that it isn't an act but that he tries to psyche himself up because he apparently can't get himself to commit to anything in fights he's trying to be the guy he portraits but he just isn't at least anymore and I think it's a sure sign that he should retire at this point he isn't beating anyone worth shit and robs other fighters because apparently MMA judges have an IQ of 10 and reward reckless aggression and swinging at the air a la Leonard Garcia

Yep, Diego has become a caricature of himself. If he's so tough he should just get in there and fight instead of waving a guy to come on as he backpedals away.

Yes. If the judges wouldn't constantly gift him decision I wouldn't mind it as much though.

Yeah, his gimmick has run its course and he can't back it up anymore. It's just pitiful. Time to retire.

Seems to do it to psyche himself up. Quite frankly I always look forward to a Diego fight.

I've been tired of him since he was on TUF. I thought he was a decent fighter, but how he came off was fake as crap. I can't stand to listen to his interviews and was almost sick when they read those scores. How in the world did ANYONE score that a 30-27 for Diego? Insane.

I used to love Diego's fights and antics. Now its getting downright embarrassing these days. And yeah. The taunting while circling away and the wild swinging 10 seconds to go in the fight need to go away.

He is the absolute worsr

Creepy-Laugh-By-The-Evil-Witch-In-Disneys-Snow-White.gif

There is no way in hell diego should have won that fight. If anyone says anything different they are blind. Biggest rip off I have seen in a while. Ross got ripped.

I really don't think its an act Diego is legit bat shit crazy

Why you ducking Sanchez bro?
He's an interesting fighter, don't hate.
It's not his fault that
judges slurp his nutsack.

He should stick with it because apparently the judges will keep falling for that shit.

No diego is old school mma fighter and funny as hell. Still enjoy watching him

A loooong time ago he used to run out to the middle of the cage and start swinging.

But I know exactly what you mean, and yes it's just something he started doing and now can't stop. And yeah it was always funny to me when he reached the piont of running out there and then doing nothing.

In his defense though: he's been in some serious wars and taken far more punishment than the average, calculating fighter.

Back