Anyone else shocked WWE has never had Lesnar & Lashley in a feud? Or even a match?

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Going WAY back to the mid-2000s after it seemed like Brock was done with WWE, Bobby Lashley was brought in and physically he was like a black Brock Lesnar.

He even got so high in the business he headlined Wrestlemania with Vince and Donald Trump.

Then he left WWE, fiddled with TNA and MMA... and now years later both he and Lesnar have been back in WWE for a LONG time yet it seems like they've never been within a mile of eachother.

In fact, Lashley has been a mid-carder at best in recent years... a far fall from his Wrestlemania heyday.

And, Ricochet beat Lashley twice leading up to Brock destroying Ricochet within two minutes without breaking a sweat.

So.... I'm a very very casual Pro Wrestling fan, without an extensive knowledge of backstage politics within the WWE. Is there a particular reason why Lashley/Lesnar has never happened?

My guess is that both need an experienced worker to navigate through a prolonged feud/match.

Lesnar was/is experienced, and underrated in both mic work and as a worker, but he is not a guy that can lead a guy like Lashley through such a thing.

Would be like the blind leading the blind.

Still surprised Vince hasnt ever put it together, but Lashley just never truly showed he could be a headliner at the top.

i never saw batista vs brock too..

It’s really sad how poorly they’ve booked Lashley.

That’s lost money for WWE.

My guess is that both need an experienced worker to navigate through a prolonged feud/match.

Lesnar was/is experienced, and underrated in both mic work and as a worker, but he is not a guy that can lead a guy like Lashley through such a thing.

Still surprised Vince hasnt ever put it together, but Lashley just never truly showed he could be a headliner at the top.

Brock is doing a great job with Drew though..

Lastly sucks ass.

He was supposed to be the new lesnar. But he fucked it all up.

It almost happened shortly after Lashley came back. They had Lashley pin Roman clean and the crowd was behind him, but then they had Roman get his win back in the match to determine the #1 contender and Roman went on to face Brock instead.

Always felt the same. The match wouldnt have been great even back then, but god, it would be awful today.

No, because Lashley sucks, and their styles don't compliment each other. Neither do Reigns and Goldberg, but they are both completely over with the fans, so it can work. Lashley on the other hand, has never been truly over. He's got lots of muscles, but no charisma to speak of, and he has a literal babies face.

If Lashley could somehow become a big deal, it would make sense, but that's a pretty lofty expectation.

It could work if Lashley had a mouthpiece comparable to Heyman...otherwise it will fall flat because Bob has the charisma of a cardboard box.

If Brock can wrestle Goldberg he can wrestle Lashley lol

Well well well... Wrestlelamia just posted a video about this.

Lashleys 06-07 run was great, and I'd take him over 90% of the guys WWE has now. They're paying a fat dude in a t shirt 2 million per year, lol. With XFL, coronavirus and the ratings in the shitter vince must having a heart attack

2 big MMA dudes and good athletes. Yes I am surprised they never worked an angle/ program

Going WAY back to the mid-2000s after it seemed like Brock was done with WWE, Bobby Lashley was brought in and physically he was like a black Brock Lesnar.

He even got so high in the business he headlined Wrestlemania with Vince and Donald Trump.

Then he left WWE, fiddled with TNA and MMA... and now years later both he and Lesnar have been back in WWE for a LONG time yet it seems like they've never been within a mile of eachother.

In fact, Lashley has been a mid-carder at best in recent years... a far fall from his Wrestlemania heyday.

And, Ricochet beat Lashley twice leading up to Brock destroying Ricochet within two minutes without breaking a sweat.

So.... I'm a very very casual Pro Wrestling fan, without an extensive knowledge of backstage politics within the WWE. Is there a particular reason why Lashley/Lesnar has never happened?
Lashley could never be a “Black Brock Lesnar”. Lashley simply did not possess that real-life scum bag attitude that Brock possesses. Lashley is huge and powerful, but even when he’s trying to be a heel, he comes off as a bit of a goof.

I could care less about a pro wrestli g feud for them. But its a shame these guys never had an mma match in japan. A classic freakshow fight for new years eve! Let them both juice to max and see what happens. Even with Lesnars resume id still have it 50/50.

All these years later and Lashley is still a vanilla midget.

It would draw, but the matches would be terrible. Never stopped them from booking Lesnar/Goldberg. Or Taker for the last 6 years.

Necro bumping this thread just to say as a casual pro-wrestling fan I didn't hear ANYTHING about the build-up for this match and only heard about it after it happened.

And I finally watched it, and.... given the formula Brock's matches have had over the last 5+ years of being short and only HUGE moves, it still seemed half-assed, even before the lame Roman Reigns interference.

So... apparently this is going to continue the Lashley/Lesnar for another four months before Wrestlemania? When Lesnar was dominant and made Lashley look like he wasn't in his league?

WWE has shit-tier long-term storytelling, and its not making casual wrestling fans like myself feel tempted to watch their regular shows.

Back