Anyone else scared of rollercoasters?

RockstarChris

Dwight Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Who in their right mind is not scared of rollercoasters? Pay $5 to be propelled at a high rate of speed with no control over your mortality. I can barely make it up a ski lift without jumping out.

No, I think it's just you. My cousin once told me he was scared of them though....
He actually runs a therapy group called "pussies anonymous". I'll see if I can get you his number.

I wouldn't say I'm scared of them. I used to enjoy them a lot when i was a teenager (bought a six flags season pass every year). I just don't care for them anymore. Maybe i outgrew them, i don't know.

I almost got thrown out from one when I was a kid, so I have my concerns

It’s lost its luster now I’m older and have driven a Porsche with the express intent to treat it like a roller coaster.

I went on a few in my youth but honestly never really enjoyed it, I have always been somewhat prone to motion sickness though and a fucking hate nausea generally compared to other forms of feeling unwell/in pain.

I wouldn't say I'm scared of them. I used to enjoy them a lot when i was a teenager (bought a six flags season pass every year). I just don't care for them anymore. Maybe i outgrew them, i don't know.
Same here. Used to love them when I was younger, but not interested anymore.

I outgrew them after my teenage years. Once you've been on each ride once, I don't see a point in doing the same one again.

Plus I was almost sick after the last few I've been on.

Nope, love em. I don't get being scared you're going to die on a ride millions of people go on with no problems, with the occasional freak accident.

I'm a bit of a thrill seeker so rollercoasters and their failsafe mechanisms don't interest me.

I check my closet every night before I go to sleep, to make sure there are no roller-coasters ready to pounce.

I wouldn't say afraid, i just don't like my stomach feeling like it's being pulled out of my body.
The most I'll do these days is the Viking

I have a problem with three hour lines on a 20 second ride.

I'm not scared of the ride itself, roller coaster or otherwise, but you're at the mercy of whatever maintenance team works on them to keep you safe. I'm not filled with trust after seeing some of the people who work at these places, especially the travelling fairs. If they cant keep their teeth in good shape what fucking chance does one of their rides have?

I went on one at the Gold Coast once because my gf kept asking me to join her. I hated it! I was scared as fuck! I'll never go on one again.

There's a super rickety one near me that I wouldn't go on if you paid me, same park has one that slams and jerks into the curves n shit. Fuck those things

the worst part of riding a coaster is enduring long lines crammed with the sort of people you would find at Walmart at 3 am.

love roller coasters.
haven't been on one in around 6-7 years though.

but the last time was on a classic, the coney island cyclone. absolutely love that coaster, partially due to never knowing if it's going to break or whatnot. adds some suspense and excitement.

Back