Anyone else remember Benny Blanco?

Make-U-Tap

Anti Social People Person
@purple
Reaction score
I was new to Sherdog back then but before the server move (2006?) you could read the whole thread.

Basically the guy was reaching for help and apparently trying not to kill himself.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f48/dead-members-807691/ <<< at page 3 he is mentioned.

It will probably remain urban legend but unlike most threads I really believed the dude was legitimately on the precipice of suicide.

Anyone know anything more?

was it the guy threatening to hang himself?

cuz i think he did

OK...did some digging and saw this for the OP

"Benny Blanco" post

By the time many of you read this, I will either be on my way or gone. As I stated before, my post is not a cry for help or a plea for attention. I just wanted to voice some feelings before I left.

I thank all of you for your responses. I have read all of them with careful thought. To those of you who care and offered assistance, I thank you especially, but do know I have sought all of the help I have been able to stand. To those of you who write back in anger, I feel for your losses, but do know those feelings you express are yours. You have experienced a loss. Those who left you did not. Please do not be angry with us who are done here. We are merely offering a good-bye. Finally, to those of you who have offered comedy, you have indeed brought a smile to my face. Not enough to make me wish to stay, but a smile nonetheless. As far as donating my personal belongings, I have already taken care of most of that and have only the bare minimums to take with me.

To those of you who offered tears, I sincerely apologize. It was not my intention to make you sad. Please do not be. This is a positive choice for me, and I am not sad about it. I am sorry for your empathy. And I am sorry I cannot feel the same as you.

To those of you who have responded with inanities: please understand you are part of the problem. You offer such excellent proof of part of that problem against which I rail. You lives are vapid and empty with the exception of your own self-absorbtion. Please do not be part of the problem. Instead of just complaining, either fix the problems in your life, or politely excuse your selves.

As for my parking, space, that indeed will be up for grabs. And that shall be explained later.

Thank you all again for your responses. I shall continue reading your responses until late this afternoon when I depart.

Some of you have expressed the morbid curiosity so endemic to our human condition. I do not blame you; I would be curious as well. I have enlisted the aid of a close friend who will be posting the details of my departure tomorrow after I am gone. If I post such details now, some of you will doubtlessly attempt to notify officials at a needless expense to our society.

This friend is NOT assisting me with the act of suicide. Only with some of the details after I am gone.

Again, thank you for all of your comments and feelings. I do appreciate all of it, but I am just done. I have thought about this for several years now and have explored many different options. Needless to say, none of the options have blossomed in to anything I wish to pursue.

Thank you, and good-bye.

This was before my time here but damn. Thats pretty sad. Ive never seen anyone articulate their reason for suicide so well though.

This was before my time here but damn. Thats pretty sad. Ive never seen anyone articulate their reason for suicide so well though.

Yea at the time I noted the same. There were more entries that support the prior, I just don't have access to those :(

I remember. Think he goes by Ronnie these days.

I think I remember that vaguely, don't know if it were real or what. Online, who's to say? All the time I see people posting things on craigslist saying they are ready to die and I wish I could somehow tell them that online is the worst possible place to put something like that, people are pretty nasty and even moreso when granted the anonymity of the internet, people saying "go ahead" and insulting the person, just needlessly mean. Just makes you realize just how miserable most peoples lives are to have to react that way. Anyway, who knows if it was real or not, when I see those kinds of things, I just hope it isn't but can't do anything either way. I think most people know what it feels like to not want to be here and it's just fucked up to try to push someone closer to that but hey, it's a fucked up world.

Classic Sherdog thread. I will always remember this and the Nosferatu thread.

I remember him and that thread. I vaguely remember everyone getting into a panic about whether it was real and someone saying he lived in the Bronx and there was something over a police scanner or something about a suicide there.

(I'm reaching here...)

I remember. Think he goes by Ronnie these days.

That's Saso.

And yeah, I don't remember if I read the thread while it happened or not, but I remember all the stuff throughout the years on it.

Back