anyone else really happy for vitor?

iwannabeadored

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Longtime mma fans know the vitor story. He was the prodigy who never quite lived up to his potential. I feel like he has finally shed that image over the past few years. Its awesome to see.

From what I was reading online before the fight he was the underdog in many peoples eyes so it was nice to see him win as underdog!

Can't say happy. I was entertained, though.

Part of me feels sorry for Bisping. I am an old softie and can sympathize with a guy trying to climb that mountain and never quite getting to the top.

I'm curious if there is anything "aiding" him in living up to his potential

I was very happy for him and rooting for him.

Bisping is easily the guy I like least in the UFC.

prolly is on trt just like the majority. But if you were around 05/06/07

vitor was considered a lost cause. A guy who had all the talent but couldn't make it. I mean it took him years to get past his sister being kidnapped and murdered

Yeah. I feel glad for him. But as much as try to root for him, the guy has gone completely crazy, and that puts me off.
Maybe it's how pulled through that sad nightmare his family had, but still I find it ... disturbing.

Inside the cage with his mouth shut, he is a monster.

I;m more happy Bisping lost than Belfort won...

I am happy for him getting the "W",but why call out Jones???? Lol

*Edit* Maybe a Win/Loss retirement fight with Bones???

Last edited:
wasn't a shock, pretty obvious vitor would win!

i do hope he has one more shot at anderson though, not just stare at him this time..

Yup, he almost snapped the LHW champ's arm his previous fight and he knocked off the number 1 MW contender tonight.

Hell yea! Mainly because he beat Bisping...can't stand that cocky brit...

I take it this is the point we've gotten to because of TRT and such? Someone can't turn around their career without being accused of cheating?

Belfort's longevity is amazing. How many guys are left from the UFC tournament days? Let alone still winning convincingly.

Everyone was one dimensional back then. He was probably the first complete fighter, amazing that he is still at the top after 1.5 decades.

I am, good on him. I'd have been happy for either guy and disappointed for whomever lost tonight though. I feel for Bisping, his legend of losing to every genuinely good fighter he's faced continues, and he may never get a shot at the belt despite being a solid fighter who can take any mid-tier guy easily. At the same time, like TS said, it's great to see Vitor hovering near the top too, he's only lost to the (dominant) champs over the past few years, it's great to see.

Hope he pisses clean though, the guy looked huge tonight, incredibly well cut.

Back