Law Anyone else read this book, "Know My Name?" by Chanel Miller

Social Distance Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_My_Name_(book)

I'm sure most of remember this incident of sexual assault regarding Brock Turner, and his victim, Chanel Miller.

Essentially, it's a memoir of Chanel Miller about her experience from being blacked out, waking up in a hospital, the investigation, court proceedings etc and how Brock Turner got a sweet deal.

anyone read this? I just started it.

Last edited:
Karma always wins in the end. this guy will get his one way or another.

The guy had his whole life in front of him, and then she had to go out and get raped by him...

That was the sentencing basically.

The guy had his whole life in front of him, and then she had to go out and get raped by him...

That was the sentencing basically.
He didn't mean to.

I heard her on the Daily Show iirc. Or somewhere, not sure where. I may have to check it out.

Karma always wins in the end. this guy will get his one way or another.
wrong. in my experience, all the worst, most horrible scumbags people i know are doing just fine.
karma should hurry the fuck up.
getting the guy when he's 80 doesn't qualify as karma

wrong. in my experience, all the worst, most horrible scumbags people i know are doing just fine.
karma should hurry the fuck up.
getting the guy when he's 80 doesn't qualify as karma

I disagree. you can never know everything about someone & what they're feeling. they could just be real good at maintaining a facade.

Karma also doesn't work the way you want it to or when you want it to. something meaningless to you, could be devastating to someone else.

A lesson here could be that maybe you don’t take a bunch of kids with no life experience and get them all blackout drunk while expecting no bad behavior. Nah. Let’s just keep doing it the same way and expect different results. Now attack me for victim blaming.

Just speaking as a Buddhist, karma doesn’t effect you until you are reborn. So according to karma his next life will be one full of suffering.

Instant karma is something the Beatles came up with afaik. I haven’t seen much evidence of it.

On the plus side this guy did get banned from USA swimming for life and has to register as a sex offender for life. I’m assuming he has left the country? He should, he has the resources.

Not sure what to make of this incident but this guy is not impressed.

The fact that that some Swedish cucks were involved makes me a little suspicious.

A lesson here could be that maybe you don’t take a bunch of kids with no life experience and get them all blackout drunk while expecting no bad behavior. Nah. Let’s just keep doing it the same way and expect different results. Now attack me for victim blaming.
Of course on a case by case basis the focus should always be on the perpetrator first and foremost and distracting from that isn't helpful.

But at the level of the big picture we really should reevaluate the intersection between hook up culture and alcohol. Problem is the dominant ethos of society is a kind of spiritual hedonism(e.g. "Be yourself", "live in the moment") which refuses to be restrained even if it means risking serious consequences. Consider that some of the leading causes of death( smoking, obesity, and alcohol related deaths) in the US are completely preventable through prudent lifestyle changes. Its because of this that I find some sympathy with certain right wingers in terms of their reservations when it comes to public healthcare; why should the tax payers be burdened with the consequences of irresponsible lifestyle choices? I still support public healthcare but it should be accompanied by an aggressive campaign to cut down obesity, smoking, and alcohol consumption or else we're going to burn a lot of money that could've been spent elsewhere.

Not sure what to make of this incident but this guy is not impressed.

The fact that that some Swedish cucks were involved makes me a little suspicious.

Oh wow its been a while since I've seen that stupid Kangaroo, not surprised he's a money grubber.

Just speaking as a Buddhist, karma doesn’t effect you until you are reborn. So according to karma his next life will be one full of suffering.

Instant karma is something the Beatles came up with afaik. I haven’t seen much evidence of it.

On the plus side this guy did get banned from USA swimming for life and has to register as a sex offender for life. I’m assuming he has left the country? He should, he has the resources.

So, I tell them I’m a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald… striking. So, I’m on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one – big hitter, the Lama – long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga… gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he’s gonna stiff me. And I say, “Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.” And he says, “Oh, uh, there won’t be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.” So I got that goin’ for me, which is nice.

Of course on a case by case basis the focus should always be on the perpetrator first and foremost and distracting from that isn't helpful.

But at the level of the big picture we really should reevaluate the intersection between hook up culture and alcohol. Problem is the dominant ethos of society is a kind of spiritual hedonism(e.g. "Be yourself", "live in the moment") which refuses to be restrained even if it means risking serious consequences. Consider that some of the leading causes of death( smoking, obesity, and alcohol related deaths) in the US are completely preventable through prudent lifestyle changes. Its because of this that I find some sympathy with certain right wingers in terms of their reservations when it comes to public healthcare; why should the tax payers be burdened with the consequences of irresponsible lifestyle choices? I still support public healthcare but it should be accompanied by an aggressive campaign to cut down obesity, smoking, and alcohol consumption or else we're going to burn a lot of money that could've been spent elsewhere.

To be fair it is the Democrats that also propose sin taxes on cigarettes, alcohol and sugar.

In NYC it's like $15 for a pack of cigarettes and they have a hefty tax on sugary drinks like soda.

In North Carolina cigarettes are like $4 pack (picked those 2 areas because I was in both recently.

Democrats also push for healthy school lunches and Republicans are even against that which is kind of nuts imo.

And Democrats also have the government spending money on anti smoking ads

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...le-obama-signature-school-lunch-policy-2020-1

And there is also the fact that poorer people are generally unhealthier because it's cheaper to eat unhealthy and we also have the GOP constantly cutting back on Food Stamp programs

I attend Zen classes weekly but I am not sure if I believe in karma or reincarnation yet.

Back