Anyone Else Picking Melvin Guillard Because Of..

Didn't he get sick from a bad weight cut? That's definitely something to consider. No idea why Jamie is coming in so heavy.

Must have been either a virus or some other factor. He hit weight on short notice for Lauzon and Barboza. Don't recall the timeline for Barboza, off hand.

He performed significantly better than Melvin.

For sure. He won the first round and probably the second before he completely gassed.
I've got Varner in this one via Melvin making another dumb mistake

I love both fighters, but varner is my coach, and i am confident he will win

:eek:

Melvin Guillard has worse submission defense than Sonnen..hard to believe but true. Varner is the better overall fighter and arguably hits as hard and is as good a boxer so where does Guillard have an edge...maybe speed slightly. They both have good wrestling and both are not good at bjj at least not at the UFC level.

Who knows why Varner had to back out of the fight and what was really going on, maybe it was really that he got extremely ill...that can happen at anytime. either way the man has went into the cage 27 times I wouldn't questions his character or heart/courage.

Is anyone else picking Melvin Guillard to win because of the "sickness" of Jamie Varner? I was at first betting on Jamie Varner to win, but after seeing the fiasco that happened last weekend, I think Melvin should be the favorite at UFC 155.

Guillard-vs-Varner.jpg

Who else has had a change of heart of this fight due to the circumstances of Varner's health?

I think Varner will submit him

Is anyone else picking Melvin Guillard to win because of the "sickness" of Jamie Varner? I was at first betting on Jamie Varner to win, but after seeing the fiasco that happened last weekend, I think Melvin should be the favorite at UFC 155.

Guillard-vs-Varner.jpg

Who else has had a change of heart of this fight due to the circumstances of Varner's health?

I picked Meviln to win from the start by TKO, I maintain my pick.

Why the hell is everybody criticizing Varner for getting sick and not fighting?
This has happened to a few other fighters but none got the shitstorm that Varner is getting.
And no I'm picking Varner to win, probably by sub

Didn't he get sick from a bad weight cut? That's definitely something to consider. No idea why Jamie is coming in so heavy.

And now he has less than two weeks to make weight again.....dunno bout this next fight.

I got Varner by KO

This has happened to a few other fighters but none got the shitstorm that Varner is getting.

Exactly! Its not like he didnt want to fight, the doctors just wouldnt clear him. He was throwing up in front of them and said he'll be fine fight time.

Original pick was Varner, sub, 2nd round.

Not so sure now.....

Because it's JAMIE VARNER. Anyone who has been into the sport and more importantly, his WEC days he has done some questionable shit in his fights.

Took that on short notice and was up 2 rounds until he hurt his hand and was forced to go for takedowns while gassed. Do you really think Lauzon would win a rematch? Even with all that considered, he did just a bit better against him than Guillard did.

Now that I re-read your post though, I kind of think you were trolling.

Varner was not up 2 rounds, Lauzon won round 2 hands down, and yes I would pick Lauzon in a rematch

Back