Anyone else out there know zero people who are into MMA/UFC?

Man, you're describing the story of the last 8 years of my life. I'm Italian so it's all about football and motor sports arounde here, little bit of basketball and rugby, maybe a pinch of tennis and that's it.

I'm in my early thirties now and absolutely NO ONE of my fb friends gives a shit about MMA. A few years back I knew a few gals that had become Ronda fans but mostly for what she represented rather than being actual fight game fans. I've also heard some bloke here and there say "oh yeah I know McGregor, he's great" but that's about it.

Yes, MMA and boxing are not mainstream sports here...maybe the younger generations are more into it but I dunno really

To be fair McGregor IS pretty great though.

On a more serious note, yeah a lot of the guys I knew that were into it have moved on. Which always makes me wonder about Dana always telling us how every year was their 'biggest yet' and 'business is great' such.

Seriously I have around a thousand Facebook friends and and not a single person post anything about MMA. Also at my workplace no one knows anything about MMA either, my dad watches a bellator event every once in awhile but that's it. I can't be the only person who has no one to talk to about MMA.
You guys are my only friends
<DCrying>

JK I hate you fucks

My dad is a casual fan, we sometimes watch the fights together. Other than that, there’s one guy at work who usually seems to have an idea about what’s going on with MMA, but he drives me crazy because he always calls fighters the wrong name, or mispronounces their name badly. Shouldn’t bother me that much but it does.
I don’t really know anyone who is a hardcore fan.

Back