Anyone else out there know zero people who are into MMA/UFC?

I am an academic, and I spend quite a bit of time working, so I don't have a lot of friends. Bringing up MMA to any of my colleagues is not something that I would ever dream of doing.

Yeah, but think of the 1000's of Sherbros you can discuss MMA with as many hours as you want a day.

WTF, we're not your "friends"? lol

whats going on with threads today?

My buds from highschool were into it and i'll still text them about it every now and then. Really the only person IRL that I talk to about it on the reg is my dealer.

I was a sperg new kid at my school in the mid 2000s. I ended getting a lot of my friends interested in MMA & a lot of them are hardcore fans or close to it today

I know a few younger guys (ie teens or early twenties) who are fans, but even at that age its pretty rare. Over the age of forty no one -- which is kind of odd in a way, since most men and women I know are hockey fans, and enjoy the fights on the ice.

Some of it might just be cultural. Fighting in hockey is part of Canadian culture, and seems natural. Fighting in a ring or cage doesn't. Part of it might be that hockey fights are fast and furious, MMA and boxing fights go on a long time and people get bored.

Maybe the UFC should start a sports-fighting league ... ie baseball or basketball or football with fighting allowed.

im 43 years old and have no one but my sher bros to share my love of fighting with...

My son is 20 and pretends there isn't a bloody fist fight on the tv when he walks by.

You raised a bitch sir..

A majority of people I knew who were big UFC fans only casually follow it nowadays. I think me and my cousin might be the only 2 left who follow it follow it somewhat closely. Even I don't know a lot of the new fighters anymore and miss PPVs if I have something happening during Saturday nights. I used to reserve those nights for the UFC but I will watch a replay the next day and usually skip the fighters I don't know. I still watch all of Jones fights and most of Khabibs, lately Mas and Israel, but thats about it at this point.

Seriously I have around a thousand Facebook friends and and not a single person post anything about MMA. Also at my workplace no one knows anything about MMA either, my dad watches a bellator event every once in awhile but that's it. I can't be the only person who has no one to talk to about MMA.
You're talking to me? Let me tell you this.
People think I am insane in my country because 1 of 1000 people likes MMA, girls reject a relationship with me because "I need help for watching too violent content", even my own family disowned me earlier because of my passion for MMA. Still, I work MMA as a hobby, have a YouTube channel, and interview MMA fighters. When Gilbert Burns, Cody Stamann, and Eryk Anders gave me an interview, people started kinda looking at me differently, but until then, they were even accusing me of "paying people to act fighters".
So not only that nobody knows nothing, but people believe I need psychiatric help because of my passion for MMA. Luckily, there are always ok people who accept me the way I am, but in my country, 99% of the population think you are a lunatic if you're passionate about MMA.

You're talking to me? Let me tell you this.
People think I am insane in my country because 1 of 1000 people likes MMA, girls reject a relationship with me because "I need help for watching too violent content", even my own family disowned me earlier because of my passion for MMA. Still, I work MMA as a hobby, have a YouTube channel, and interview MMA fighters. When Gilbert Burns, Cody Stamann, and Eryk Anders gave me an interview, people started kinda looking at me differently, but until then, they were even accusing me of "paying people to act fighters".
So not only that nobody knows nothing, but people believe I need psychiatric help because of my passion for MMA. Luckily, there are always ok people who accept me the way I am, but in my country, 99% of the population think you are a lunatic if you're passionate about MMA.
Just curious, where are you from?

i found out a guy at my work likes mma and asked if he was gonna watch the fights this last weekend and he asked who was fighting

Facebook where the uglier you are, the more popular you are.

Most people who I know who watch UFC are casuals at best. They know Conor/Nate/Insert Flavor of the Month here, and not much more beyond that.

Seriously I have around a thousand Facebook friends and and not a single person post anything about MMA. Also at my workplace no one knows anything about MMA either, my dad watches a bellator event every once in awhile but that's it. I can't be the only person who has no one to talk to about MMA.
well most of my friends on facebook are people Ive met because of Muay Thai or MMA... so no, and that must be really shit not being able to discuss fights with your friends

Me

Used to have a big group of MMA fans for friends and every time there was a PPV there was a get together. Still have much of the same friends but everybody either stopped watching MMA completely or is uber casual to where you can’t talk about anything.

Not surprising at all. Most people aren't into fighting or have never been exposed to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back