Anyone else notice the Ellenberger and Woodley overhand right were nearly identical?

DeeDubb

Gracie Online Black Belt
@purple
Reaction score
And any chance of seeing those as gifs side by side?

My fucking bank account noticed it. Only 2 fights I bet on tonight. 0-2. haha.

All you need in mma is an over hand right to get far. LoL it's kinda sad.

TUWI2QF.jpg

Similar to JDS against Hunto too, especially the way Robbie was suddenly flat-footed and inching backward just before it happened.

Of course the difference with Hunto was he just smashed his toe to smithereens and had become flat-footed due to trying to work out why his foot was numb, but aside from that, virtually identical.

Totally different set-ups (Ellenberger's was off a double jab, Woodley's off of feints), cage location (Ellenberger in the open, Woodley had Lawler against the cage), circumstances (Ellenberger was backing Brown up with his high-pressure double jab, Woodley had Lawler bite on his fake right before throwing the real one). Was the trajectory even the same ? Don't know what you're seeing, TS.

I didn't see that at all
Get some god damn gifs in this

Ok, i found some MP4s.

Both had sort of a double pump jab followed by a lunging overhand right while the opponent was flat footed going backwards.

yea, from the first punch Woodley missed. I thought "he really thinks he can catch Lawler with the same shit Brown got caught with? lol"

and Bang, it happened.

Totally different set-ups (Ellenberger's was off a double jab, Woodley's off of feints), cage location (Ellenberger in the open, Woodley had Lawler against the cage), circumstances (Ellenberger was backing Brown up with his high-pressure double jab, Woodley had Lawler bite on his fake right before throwing the real one). Was the trajectory even the same ? Don't know what you're seeing, TS.

I was going off of memory, since I didn't have the pictures when I started the thread, but even with the pictures, there are definitely a lot of similarities in the set up and how the opponent responded.

At the very least I noticed the way they closed the distance was very similar.

There are only so many ways an overhand right can look ts

Back