Anyone else notice Nick Diaz has grown a lot as a man over the years?

Blackened

It is a new era!
Banned
Reaction score
Diaz started off as a "brash punk kid". It wasn't so much an act of "playing the heel" as you guys call it these days, he genuinely was a young wild kid. As he's grown man he's become much more likable. He also seems more realistic and much more humble. Diaz isn't an idealistic youth any longer (set out to make a name for himself) but a man that has a job (just like all of us).

I also like Anderson, I'm torn on who I want to win. I never thought I'd root for Diaz over Silva, but I probably will in this fight.

Feel free to share some Diaz pics, info, favorite moments... whatever. I'm afraid he's getting toward the end of his career, so let's enjoy it while we can.

I'd agree. I guess it could be a case of natural maturity occurring through his 20's or he was more into the hyping concept when he was looking to score big fights, he's popular/established enough now that he doesn't need to talk/act out to get mentioned for big fights anymore.

I think probably a little from column A a little from column B.

Just my 2cents as a Diaz fan

He's definitely gotten a lot more mature. This is evident in all of his interviews, especially the Time Is Now press conference. He handled himself like a (kind of high, awkward) gentleman.

he is a gentleman and a scholar esp during conference calls

Didn't he get popped for DUI twice in the past year. Yes very mature of him.

Nick was always a deep person, and I say this using caution, but I remember an interview of him trying to talk about the misuse of Earth by corporations or something like that, and also of our irresponsible use of fossil fuels.

Diaz started off as a "brash punk kid". It wasn't so much an act of "playing the heel" as you guys call it these days, he genuinely was a young wild kid. As he's grown man he's become much more likable. He also seems more realistic and much more humble. Diaz isn't an idealistic youth any longer (set out to make a name for himself) but a man that has a job (just like all of us).

I also like Anderson, I'm torn on who I want to win. I never thought I'd root for Diaz over Silva, but I probably will in this fight.

Feel free to share some Diaz pics, info, favorite moments... whatever. I'm afraid he's getting toward the end of his career, so let's enjoy it while we can.

he is also upping his DUI game getting 2 in less than a year/

He's more mature than he was, but that's not saying much, he still is pretty childish.

So far he seems to be keeping his cool lately.

We will see if the middle fingers come out with future provocations though. lol

Nick Diaz is one of the few guys from the last generation of fighters (the Chuck, Randy, BJ era) that is still around and still gest me actually pumped/invested for their fights. There are just very few guys in this new gen of fighters that gets me invested or hyped up. So I will miss Nick and Robbie and those kind of guys when they are gone.

he's getting more savvy, with his eye on the prize. he knows what he's in the game for.

he's getting more..............................fake!

but he's still pretty real. he is what he is. he is a dedicated athlete and martial artist. he's pretty hardcore in his lifestyle.

Uh...no he's as big a douche as ever.

He got two DUIs in the last year, threw a tantrum after losing and said he was retiring, skipping press conferences, etc. the guy hasn't matured at all he's regressed lol.

Back