Anyone else notice how soft Cyborg is getting...

Made up non sense Ronda use to fight in the 160s during her Olympic days I highly doubt Cyborg is that Much bigger

Ronda was a very fat 160. Cyborg is 160 with abs and vascularity.

Cyborg, the one that fights at 145, is scary but if shes gonna really drain herself to make 135, I think R3 takes it. We wouldn't be seeing the same Cyborg that currently fights at 145, it would be a weaker version of Cyborg. When TR said it wouldn't be competitive, he also pointed this out. He wasn't saying Cyborg isnt a great fighter, but her at 135 is a very different beast to her at 145.

Ronda was a very fat 160. Cyborg is 160 with abs and vascularity.

Now wait right there, posts like this are why I made this thread. Like everyone, I have carried this picture in my head of Cyborg as this shredded beast but then I started seeing pictures from her recent fights and slowly the realization crept in that she really not as shredded as I had been thinking. At first I figured it must just be my memory playing tricks on me but as I'm sitting on this plane with nothing to do I decided to look up those two shots from the op - identical scenarios, similar postures, same weight class, etc. and confirmed that she is legitimately softer than we all seem to remember.

To me there's no question she can make BW, the only question is what kind of condition she'll be in at 135.

Now wait right there, posts like this are why I made this thread. Like everyone, I have carried this picture in my head of Cyborg as this shredded beast but then I started seeing pictures from her recent fights and slowly the realization crept in that she really not as shredded as I had been thinking. At first I figured it must just be my memory playing tricks on me but as I'm sitting on this plane with nothing to do I decided to look up those two shots from the op - identical scenarios, similar postures, same weight class, etc. and confirmed that she is legitimately softer than we all seem to remember.
Berenstain_Bears_logo.jpg

Made up non sense Ronda use to fight in the 160s during her Olympic days I highly doubt Cyborg is that Much bigger

For those who say she should make 135 easy, here is some perspective on how big she really is

13903800464_9ddc097d36_b_d.jpg

MeReidFrankieandRonda.jpg

Last edited:
RR has a walk around weight of about 155, while Cyborg has a walk around weight of about 175. That is a huge weight disparity. As for Cyborg bright a draw, RR just made #8 on the Forbes list of highest paid female athletes. Cyborg gets talked scraps in comparison.

No one is a draw when compared to Ronda, Cyborg is actually the next big thing...people remember her face from when she destroyed Carano and everyone else. Is the current invicta champ.

No one else in WMMA has more of a draw than Cyborg when you take Ronda out of the conversation.

I highly doubt the fight ever happens though and if it does Cyborg will be too weak to compete imo, if they fought at 140-145...Cyborg destroys Ronda via strikes.
Word

RR has a walk around weight of about 155, while Cyborg has a walk around weight of about 175. That is a huge weight disparity. As for Cyborg bright a draw, RR just made #8 on the Forbes list of highest paid female athletes. Cyborg gets talked scraps in comparison.

And it's the only WMMA fight that matters - what other matchup for RR would anyone care at all about? Tate, for the third time?

Ronda needs the Cyborg fight (as does Cyborg) - she'll make a KILLING win or lose. She'd probably be better off financially if she lost and could milk two huge paychecks out of it.

Tyron Woodley said it best in this past Friday's Sherdog News (http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ty...uldnt-Be-as-Competitive-as-People-Think-90727 ) :

“We’re not gonna see this fight happen for six months at least. And what happens is, if Cyborg makes the weight she’s gonna come down and lose the power, some of the things that make her who she is,” Woodley said. “Also, you’re gonna give Ronda Rousey six more months to get better. We haven’t even seen all of her training displayed in the Octagon because nobody can last a minute. I think the if it’s Cyborg we saw in Strikeforce [against] to the Ronda Rousey we saw [at UFC 190], it is a competitive fight. “Now we’re seeing the Cyborg clear of any performance enhancing drugs, she would have to cut all the way down in weight, by the time that happens... we’re going to continue to see Rousey develop for another six to eight months, maybe a year,” he continued. “I don’t think it’s as competitive as people think it will be.”

I think she could and am hoping that Cris Cyborg can BOTH make 135 and still be competitive.

x8.jpg

This is at Cyborg's last fight.

20150708081440_1DX_5206.JPG

How can this woman drop 10 more pounds. She's 145 in the pic.

That girl is not making 135. Rhonda needs to suck it up and take this fight at 140-145.

I wasn't pushing for it before, but now that she has cleared out the division definitively, this is the only fight that makes sense.

Fight Cyborg, go film some more shitty movies and let some new challengers rise up through the 135 division.

She won't though, I think she is eyeballing a retirement soon to leave on top and become a full time actress.

No, Ronda doesn't.

Not financially as she is doing well - but what other fight can you line up for Ronda that anyone would care about? Her paper thin division is long since burned through to the point where we're talking about a third fight with Tate!

Cyborg is the only interesting fight left.

Back