Anyone else notice how soft Cyborg is getting...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Gunny, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Gunny

Gunny Gold Belt

Relatively speaking of course. She's still jacked as fuck by normal women's standards. However I can't help notice she now carries a lot more fat than was the case in her past. Take a look at the two pictures below (note, I chose in-fight pics rather than weigh-in pics which are always deceiving.) The first is from her roiding prime. The second is her most recent fight.

I haven't yet drawn any firm conclusions about this (still thinking through the implications) but it seems one or more of the following may be possible:

* She's just getting older and can't maintain the same bf %
    * She's off the juice and can't maintain the same bf %
    * She's gotten better at cutting so she allows a higher bf %

As far as the first two, they don't bode well for her chances at competing with Ronda at 135. If it's bullet 3 then she may actually have a chance to lean down to where the cut is possible without losing much strength. May be a combination of all three but I'm seeing something very Overeem-esque in this transition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChangeIsComing

ChangeIsComing Brown Belt

Its a shame UFC wont make it a super fight at 140, I honestly doubt Cyborg can make 135...she is much bigger than Ronda.

However yeah its is potentially due to not using PED's or just age in general.

3. CRuck1980

CRuck1980 Gold Belt

Because it's not a super fight, Cyborg is not a star or draw on any comparable level with Ronda and it doesn't make any sense to make a fight in a division that doesn't exist. It's on Cyborg to make the weight, and no it's not impossible

4. dmtpanic

dmtpanic Brown Belt

She is only one or two years older than R3.

5. kevin1916

kevin1916 Deez Nutz

Second pic makes it look like she could make 135. Weigh in also makes it look like she could make 135. Compared to how some fighters look like at weigh-ins she doesnt look that drawn at all.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcrLmvLqcFw

6. Crusader666

Crusader666 Banned Banned

that's what happens when you have to stop roiding

7. Taric

Taric Gold Belt

She's been fighting in MMA since 2005. Excluding Coenen, I can't think of an active women's fighter who has fought as long as Cyborg.

8. ChangeIsComing

No one is a draw when compared to Ronda, Cyborg is actually the next big thing...people remember her face from when she destroyed Carano and everyone else. Is the current invicta champ.

No one else in WMMA has more of a draw than Cyborg when you take Ronda out of the conversation.

I highly doubt the fight ever happens though and if it does Cyborg will be too weak to compete imo, if they fought at 140-145...Cyborg destroys Ronda via strikes.

9. ChangeIsComing

Yeah and people wonder why she keeps calling out Ronda even though she is at a higher weight....after a long career she is probably still broke....Ronda is her ticket to one massive payday..

No way Invicta pays her much.

10. DeathByBeer

DeathByBeer Red Belt

Is she that much bigger?

Two inches taller, their cut weights are only 10 pounds apart....

Ronda is one big thick girl except on weigh in day.

11. Gunny

Gunny Gold Belt

That's a bit off topic but I'll play. Shayna Baszler has been fighting since 03 (though not well). Miesha Tate has been fighting since 06 - and unlike cyborg she is getting leaner and more ripped as the years progress.

12. ZuffaExecutive

ZuffaExecutive Red Belt

she was on 80k + 80k i believe for her last fight as she is signed with zuffa if reports are to be believed

That being said i whole heartedly believe she can make 135.She is just prolonging making it,as she was low balled by the ufc and is hoping for a better contract and ppv points.

13. Muay Thai #1

Muay Thai #1 Brown Belt

She doesnt look different in the two pics so... no

14. mjh71987

mjh71987 Orange Belt

PLus not to mention, Miesha is only a year younger than cyborg.

15. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

Actually this is the definition of a super fight. Its the biggest fight they could make in wmma by far with 2 of the most popular fighters in wmma. Both have a good and successful career and are the champions in their organizations and in prior organizations.

Cyborg is not the level of a draw Ronda is obviously because she fights in a small organization. But she does have a big following and is well known. You have to look at it in the perspective of the media and how they would interpret this fight, that is what makes it so much bigger.

16. phatron

phatron Black Belt

17. samoajoe

samoajoe Brown Belt

Made up non sense Ronda use to fight in the 160s during her Olympic days I highly doubt Cyborg is that Much bigger

18. IWANTTOTRAINUFC

IWANTTOTRAINUFC Green Belt

My question with this is "what if Cyborg wins?" What will she do. She will obviously be under contract to fight for the UFC exclusively. Will she stay at 140 and continue calling out fighters to meet her at a catchweight?
    She needs to fight at 135, AND THEN create a new Franklweight division.

19. zuffazombee

zuffazombee Blue Belt

Without looking up numbers, I'd wager that Miesha Tate is a FAR bigger draw than Cyborg.

20. zuffazombee

zuffazombee Blue Belt

Invicta doesn't pay Cyborg, the UFC does.