Anyone else not really exited about new and upcoming entertainment?

You and your kids sound boring. Go outside.

First of all, before I get into movie stuff, there is so much good stuff on YouTube and Podcasts. Now, I am history and political-history guy... but I have my slants. However, it's amazing what you'll find that you like. I'll give you one example of pure entertinament I have which is YMS. If you had told me I'd spend time outta my week watching videos from a Gay Canadian Furry, I'd have laughed in your face. But here I am, each week, listening to his in-depth takes on movies (The Old Boy breakdown was fantastic).

Sufficed to say there are a lot of people doing amazing video essays all across YouTube for whatever your interests are. It's amazing what's on there if you take the time. The only people that don't like it are people who are on massive fringe. And the same can go for Podcasts. I can't tell you great it is to every 2-3 months searching for a new podcasts. You get mostly misses but maybe 1 out of every 20 you try will open up new ideas, attitudes, or interests you never knew of.

When it comes to movies, specifically. This will be broad strokes because it's easy to look up depending on the style you like.

-Japan is killing it with both comedies (usually sad but funny) and adult animations. There slice-of-life flicks can be astounding as well (but it's hit/miss). Check out a 2019 best-of list if you wanna find some good stuff there.

-If you want more adult stuff, Italy still roles out great drama and comedy as well. It's often more sexualized but the writing is pretty good despite some hamminess.

-For serials, look to Sweden; especially crime serials. This is a good one for those who don't like to read as much because they often switch to complete English. It's kinda jarring at times but it helpful if you're not fond of subtitles.
I pretty much listen to YouTube all the time, lots of great stuff, i enjoy history , politics, philosophy and sport.
i have binges on map movies over the years but not so interested anymore, i used to live there for several years. same with italian movies. I liked some Nordic series on Netflix, some murder mystery one and the one where the teenage kids are reincarnations of Nordic gods. Dark was great too - I'm optimistic for the 3rd season if it doesnt turn woke.

I recently started with Dan Carlin's hardcore history podcast, weeks worth of entertainment there.
Oh heck yeah. I've seen critiques on it (which I think is sometimes fair and sometimes not. But I appreciate the heck out of how much work he put into that series. It's just clear he cares about the project.

I've basically given up on TV and most streaming during the pandemic. Since I've been relegated to working from home, it's been ~10hrs a day working while staring at a monitor which just reinforces my opinions that:

1. I would rather be outside doing stuff/the weather is too nice right now to sit on a couch and just consume garbage.
2. I would rather be learning new and improving skills.

I've mostly watched TV out of boredom + mental exhaustion. Just an excuse not to do anything else.

My former co-worker picked up a Bridgeport series 1 J head mill from facebook marketplace so we've been designing stuff to make with it.

I'm reading more books now, the classics, also just spending more time with friends, practicing photography.

I have no intention to watch Hollywood garbage for a long while. Also, I am not going to watch the premier league soccer anymore, after watching all of the players "bend the knee" for BLM, bunch of cowards.
Hollywood is absolute garbage. I think the last movie I saw in a movie theater was Gravity.

I am sure you guys are going to make a dent on hollywood. That will show them!

I am sure you guys are going to make a dent on hollywood. That will show them!
It's ok. If you like the latest Fast & the Furious, Transformers, Marvel or DC movies, I'm fine with that.
I don't understand why you assume I'm out to "make a dent" on Hollywood.

It's ok. If you like the latest Fast & the Furious, Transformers, Marvel or DC movies, I'm fine with that.
I don't understand why you assume I'm out to "make a dent" on Hollywood.

I actually do like most of the Transformers, Marvel and DC movies. There were only 3 F&F movies I enjoyed though.

The way this new enhanced woke virus has infected culture nothing seems appealing any more.
My kids, as far as entertainment is concerned, are only interested in Fortnite, roblox, tik tok and youtube.
They liked the Marvel movies up to End Game but they haven't shown an interest in anything similar since.

Take star wars, for example; My son was very exited just before the Force awakens came out, he asked for all kinds of starwars toys for his birthday etc, My daughter was pretty in to the hype as well. However there were no cool characters like Luke or Han to keep my son's interest ( Finn had potential but they made him into an inneffective fool) and Rey was just too plain to be appealing to girls. This is what woke entertainment is creating; not what we find appealing but what THEY think we should find appealing.

Its time to rediscover great entertainment of the past and just let mainstream entertainment go.

Just watch anime. I think anime is fucking killing it right now. Great original stories. Pretty damn free of PC bullshit. No hollywood elitists. No douchebag actors. No COMMUNIST backed system like Hollywood has always been.

There were at least 5 really good animes for the spring season (you have 4 seasons of shows in anime year). No woke bs.

Can't wait for the next Black Panther movie. I heard the Wakandians are moving to the CHAZ area.

Just watch anime. I think anime is fucking killing it right now. Great original stories. Pretty damn free of PC bullshit. No hollywood elitists. No douchebag actors. No COMMUNIST backed system like Hollywood has always been.

There were at least 5 really good animes for the spring season (you have 4 seasons of shows in anime year). No woke bs.

Hollywood is COMMUNIST backed system?

{<BJPeen}

Not the best parenting if your kids are obsessed with things like snapchat, tiktok or fortnite imo.

What is it with conservative rubes feeling cucked by every mainstream product that doesn't feature square-jawed John Thundergun as it's protagonist? Ermahgerd, Star Wars is now led by a waaahmen. REEEEEEEE

Also let's not bring back entertainment from the past (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean), we're knee deep into remakes, prequels, unnecessary sequels and gratuitous nostalgia pandering as it is.

I'm reading more books now, the classics, also just spending more time with friends, practicing photography.

I have no intention to watch Hollywood garbage for a long while. Also, I am not going to watch the premier league soccer anymore, after watching all of the players "bend the knee" for BLM, bunch of cowards.
Yeah that’s really putting me off football. I can’t stand most of the players these days anyway but this takes piss.

I actually haven’t watched a game yet but I’ll be watching one today. I think I will have to wait until they have officially kicked off before I watch. The players kneeling while wearing BLM shirts makes me want to scream. I read a separate football forum and the posters were saying how emotional they were when they saw the players take a knee for the first time. They described it as a beautiful moment. Absolutely pathetic. It’s that easy to brainwash people.

I haven’t been to the movies since 2012. Nothing really appeals to me and I can’t handle the noise, so that’s another reason I guess. But yes everything is shit. If they never made another movie ever again I would be fine with that. I’m just fine watching older movies.

What are you talking about?
We've got an American election coming up; children fighting over the statues of dead people they've never heard the names of; the Chinese and Indians are donnybrooking on the border; and we've still got covid-19 to fill in any entertainment gaps with fights about the health benefits of mask-wearing vs race-rioting.

I can't remember a more entertaining year.

I think The Boys was the only new show as of late I liked. Succession is highly recommended by many people but I couldn't get into it.

The 2004 anime Monster is great if you haven't seen it. Psychological thriller series set in 1990s Germany.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back