Anyone else not really exited about new and upcoming entertainment?

Entertainment is great and there's so much of it. People have just become unbearable trash complainers about every little thing. The only downside is that nobody wants to take chances because both middle america and the woke-bloggers will destroy it if it tries anything new.

We have more great entertainment now than ever. This "hollywood sucks" crap reminds me of "the news sucks". It doesn't. You guys are just lazy and have bad sources.

I am excited but i read a lot of books, make music and play video/boardgames for entertainment. 4th book in the stormlight archives comes out this year, quite excited about that. Been working on a solo music project about a dude who is hopelessly in love with trannies and its been a hoot. And cyberpunk comes out this year.

Noone is suggesting that he is, I'm just saying if it's something he genuinely enjoyed then it seems odd to give it up for that reason. If he's not bothered either way, then it's not making a difference anyway.
If something you used to enjoy does something annoying it makes sense to not engage and avoid that annoyance.

If something you used to enjoy does something annoying it makes sense to not engage and avoid that annoyance.

How annoyed can you be by players briefly kneeling before a game though?

Sorry there isn’t any cheesy content coming out for your boring life .
haha, mainstread entertainment is becoming more cheesey and cringey than before. There is pleanty of great content from the past to discover so not all bad.

Entertainment is great and there's so much of it. People have just become unbearable trash complainers about every little thing. The only downside is that nobody wants to take chances because both middle america and the woke-bloggers will destroy it if it tries anything new.

We have more great entertainment now than ever. This "hollywood sucks" crap reminds me of "the news sucks". It doesn't. You guys are just lazy and have bad sources.
some reccomendations?

Pretty much anything after 2016 movie wise is a lost cause. I would say most main network channels tv “ programming “ is just that programming... there are lots of good shows that don’t pander to the msm talking points but once and a while even those throw a few lines in that you notice are politically charged or motivated.
Most actors are now just activists with a ridiculous high salary and I’d wager some just do it to avoid being cancelled themselves. I mostly watch sports on tv , but even then politics crept in to that and I found myself less interested. The cfl went all “diversity is a strength “ and I found it very annoying. Entertainment as a whole is infested with this narrative.

Dude it was the same in the W years with all the God talk and flags and patriotism and saving the world. Hollywood just rides the wave to sell. Now this whole woke trash is selling, that s all.

I'm reading more books now, the classics, also just spending more time with friends, practicing photography.

I have no intention to watch Hollywood garbage for a long while. Also, I am not going to watch the premier league soccer anymore, after watching all of the players "bend the knee" for BLM, bunch of cowards.

Whaaaaat? Premier footballers have bent the knee to BML? What for lol?

It annoys the living fuck out of me that other countries are importing this American trash.

How annoyed can you be by players briefly kneeling before a game though?

IDK let's see, creeping political messages into sports, collective submission to a group that may not be to anyone's taste, the perception that this shit has nothing to do with English soccer, etc.

Why do you frame it as "briefly putting a knee on the floor"? By that logic the Heil Hitler hand raise is just a hand raise.

IDK let's see, creeping political messages into sports, collective submission to a group that may not be to anyone's taste, the perception that this shit has nothing to do with English soccer, etc.

Why do you frame it as "briefly putting a knee on the floor"? By that logic the Heil Hitler hand raise is just a hand raise.

I don't think the messages are the same.

some reccomendations?

First of all, before I get into movie stuff, there is so much good stuff on YouTube and Podcasts. Now, I am history and political-history guy... but I have my slants. However, it's amazing what you'll find that you like. I'll give you one example of pure entertinament I have which is YMS. If you had told me I'd spend time outta my week watching videos from a Gay Canadian Furry, I'd have laughed in your face. But here I am, each week, listening to his in-depth takes on movies (The Old Boy breakdown was fantastic).

Sufficed to say there are a lot of people doing amazing video essays all across YouTube for whatever your interests are. It's amazing what's on there if you take the time. The only people that don't like it are people who are on massive fringe. And the same can go for Podcasts. I can't tell you great it is to every 2-3 months searching for a new podcasts. You get mostly misses but maybe 1 out of every 20 you try will open up new ideas, attitudes, or interests you never knew of.

When it comes to movies, specifically. This will be broad strokes because it's easy to look up depending on the style you like.

-Japan is killing it with both comedies (usually sad but funny) and adult animations. There slice-of-life flicks can be astounding as well (but it's hit/miss). Check out a 2019 best-of list if you wanna find some good stuff there.

-If you want more adult stuff, Italy still roles out great drama and comedy as well. It's often more sexualized but the writing is pretty good despite some hamminess.

-For serials, look to Sweden; especially crime serials. This is a good one for those who don't like to read as much because they often switch to complete English. It's kinda jarring at times but it helpful if you're not fond of subtitles.

Cyberpunk 2077 looks cool. If CDPR turns out to be running game then I think Western civilization might crumble.

First of all, before I get into movie stuff, there is so much good stuff on YouTube and Podcasts. Now, I am history and political-history guy... but I have my slants. However, it's amazing what you'll find that you like. I'll give you one example of pure entertinament I have which is YMS. If you had told me I'd spend time outta my week watching videos from a Gay Canadian Furry, I'd have laughed in your face. But here I am, each week, listening to his in-depth takes on movies (The Old Boy breakdown was fantastic).

Sufficed to say there are a lot of people doing amazing video essays all across YouTube for whatever your interests are. It's amazing what's on there if you take the time. The only people that don't like it are people who are on massive fringe. And the same can go for Podcasts. I can't tell you great it is to every 2-3 months searching for a new podcasts. You get mostly misses but maybe 1 out of every 20 you try will open up new ideas, attitudes, or interests you never knew of.

When it comes to movies, specifically. This will be broad strokes because it's easy to look up depending on the style you like.

-Japan is killing it with both comedies (usually sad but funny) and adult animations. There slice-of-life flicks can be astounding as well (but it's hit/miss). Check out a 2019 best-of list if you wanna find some good stuff there.

-If you want more adult stuff, Italy still roles out great drama and comedy as well. It's often more sexualized but the writing is pretty good despite some hamminess.

-For serials, look to Sweden; especially crime serials. This is a good one for those who don't like to read as much because they often switch to complete English. It's kinda jarring at times but it helpful if you're not fond of subtitles.

I recently started with Dan Carlin's hardcore history podcast, weeks worth of entertainment there.

Back