Anyone else not really exited about new and upcoming entertainment?

esotamoc

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The way this new enhanced woke virus has infected culture nothing seems appealing any more.
My kids, as far as entertainment is concerned, are only interested in Fortnite, roblox, tik tok and youtube.
They liked the Marvel movies up to End Game but they haven't shown an interest in anything similar since.

Take star wars, for example; My son was very exited just before the Force awakens came out, he asked for all kinds of starwars toys for his birthday etc, My daughter was pretty in to the hype as well. However there were no cool characters like Luke or Han to keep my son's interest ( Finn had potential but they made him into an inneffective fool) and Rey was just too plain to be appealing to girls. This is what woke entertainment is creating; not what we find appealing but what THEY think we should find appealing.

Its time to rediscover great entertainment of the past and just let mainstream entertainment go.

Pretty much anything after 2016 movie wise is a lost cause. I would say most main network channels tv “ programming “ is just that programming... there are lots of good shows that don’t pander to the msm talking points but once and a while even those throw a few lines in that you notice are politically charged or motivated.
Most actors are now just activists with a ridiculous high salary and I’d wager some just do it to avoid being cancelled themselves. I mostly watch sports on tv , but even then politics crept in to that and I found myself less interested. The cfl went all “diversity is a strength “ and I found it very annoying. Entertainment as a whole is infested with this narrative.

The way this new enhanced woke virus has infected culture nothing seems appealing any more.
My kids, as far as entertainment is concerned, are only interested in Fortnite, roblox, tik tok and youtube.
They liked the Marvel movies up to End Game but they haven't shown an interest in anything similar since.

Take star wars, for example; My son was very exited just before the Force awakens came out, he asked for all kinds of starwars toys for his birthday etc, My daughter was pretty in to the hype as well. However there were no cool characters like Luke or Han to keep my son's interest ( Finn had potential but they made him into an inneffective fool) and Rey was just too plain to be appealing to girls. This is what woke entertainment is creating; not what we find appealing but what THEY think we should find appealing.

Its time to rediscover great entertainment of the past and just let mainstream entertainment go.

Minus the Tiktok, my kids are the same as yours. Last day of "school" was yesterday. I am not looking forward to summer.

I'm reading more books now, the classics, also just spending more time with friends, practicing photography.

I have no intention to watch Hollywood garbage for a long while. Also, I am not going to watch the premier league soccer anymore, after watching all of the players "bend the knee" for BLM, bunch of cowards.

Hollywood is absolute garbage. I think the last movie I saw in a movie theater was Gravity.

Agreed. It has been over 3 years since I went to the theater. There really hasn't been anything that has been released in the last few years that made me want to buy a movie ticket. I would rather wait until it becomes available for streaming because I usually just end up turning the shit off after 20 minutes.

I dont watch any tv or movies. I just stick to video games in my down time.

I'm reading more books now, the classics, also just spending more time with friends, practicing photography.

I have no intention to watch Hollywood garbage for a long while. Also, I am not going to watch the premier league soccer anymore, after watching all of the players "bend the knee" for BLM, bunch of cowards.

<36>

How committed do you have to be to stop watching a sport because of that?

<36>

How committed do you have to be to stop watching a sport because of that?

I went months without watching it during the corona-virus outbreak and I was fine.

After months of not watching it, I finally sit down to watch a game and I'm told that I am evil and racist. They can go and fuck themselves.

I went months without watching it during the corona-virus outbreak and I was fine.

After months of not watching it, I finally sit down to watch a game and I'm told that I am evil and racist. They can go and fuck themselves.

Yeah that's exactly what they were saying. Fucking lol at having that takeaway from it.

Pretty much anything after 2016 movie wise is a lost cause. I would say most main network channels tv “ programming “ is just that programming... there are lots of good shows that don’t pander to the msm talking points but once and a while even those throw a few lines in that you notice are politically charged or motivated.
Most actors are now just activists with a ridiculous high salary and I’d wager some just do it to avoid being cancelled themselves. I mostly watch sports on tv , but even then politics crept in to that and I found myself less interested. The cfl went all “diversity is a strength “ and I found it very annoying. Entertainment as a whole is infested with this narrative.
I wonder if the whole diversity and sjw nonsense is the cause or the symptom of a total lack of creativity.
Seems that cgi destroyed a lot of creativity. And now sjw crap has made it worse. Don't have a coherent story? Don't worry just make it about some leftist wet dream and it's all good.

TS. Yeah haven't really enjoyed a movie since end game. Most movies are pretty boring and lack anything meaningful in them.

I find the whole "black lives matter" thing very accusatory. And if you don't "tow the line" and "bend the knee", then you are racist. Count me out.

I don't think anyone is asking you to bend the knee. No-one has ever asked me to bend the knee. I don't feel obligated to do what footballers are doing.

I don't think anyone is asking you to bend the knee. No-one has ever asked me to bend the knee. I don't feel obligated to do what footballers are doing.
He is also not obligated to watch them.

He is also not obligated to watch them.

Noone is suggesting that he is, I'm just saying if it's something he genuinely enjoyed then it seems odd to give it up for that reason. If he's not bothered either way, then it's not making a difference anyway.

Back