Anyone else not a fan of parties?

TheCanadianGuy

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm a younger guy, most of my friends enjoy house parties and going downtown to the bars on the weekend, most only recently hit the legal age. But I just can't get into it.

tumblr_muxiotbxyo1sikbp7o1_500.gif

House parties aren't so bad, depending on who's place it is and what the crowd is like. Sometimes I can just chill with some people, chat, and have a decent time but I don't overly enjoy it. Other times, if I barely know anyone, I'll awkwardly wander around and keep to myself. Those suck.

I actually do enjoy going to the bar, but usually the more restauranty-ones, where you can grab a burger and sweet potato fries, drink some beer and play pool with your buddies. I don't care for watching MMA at bars, too many arrogant fucks who think they know the sport well because they saw one Brock Lesnar fight.

tumblr_inline_n8pmsfOHd31qig3e1.gif

As for the younger-targeted club bars...I fucking hate it. I'm so out of my element. Blasting the top hit songs of the week (not good...), bright lights, crowds, drunk assholes, and ditzy chicks.

You've got all these dudes approaching you like "BRO, I'M SO WASTED, HIGH FIVE!", which to me just screams "ACKNOWLEDGE MY EXISTENCE!". The girls will dance around seductively (and usually unsuccessfully) and sing along to the shitty songs, trying to find a cute guy. Which I guess can be good if you just want to get some, but awkward if you're just there to chill and someone starts trying to coerce you to dance and grind. I know for a lot of people you just get so drunk that you stop giving a fuck, but I don't get that drunk. I usually puke before I get that drunk. I just can't consume enough alcohol to lose all inhibitions.

To me, the people all kind of just blend in and act like one of two stereotypical characters (1) DRUNK GUY, and (2) DRUNK GIRL.

I don't mean to talk down to these people, to each his own. I just find it surprising that nobody really feels the same way. All my friends are dumbfounded at my indifference to partying and talking to girls at parties. I'm interested in women, but I can't bring myself to yell into someone's ear over loud, pounding music to engage in a boring ass conversation in the hopes of getting somewhere. I prefer to just talking to girls at college, having a decent conversation, getting coffee. Not saying one is better than the other, but I'm more comfortable with the latter.

What say you Mayberry? Do you party bro?

Bet youre a lotta fun at parties

I prefer to light some scented candles, take a deep hot bath and relax to some Kenny G.

you should try a lounge. very laid back. not too many people.

Know what I've found about people who don't really like parties?

They usually stop getting invited to them and the problem solves itself.

I got over going to "clubs" about a month after turning 21.Just not my thing.

I've always hated parties and clubs. Way too many people and I couldn't get fucked up like I wanted to. Although that thinking lead to many addictions so I don't know if you want to follow my path.

Took me a few months to get bored of that shit for life while dating/fucking a "party" chick. Seems most of these people are escaping some sort of mommy daddy issues.

Its nothing more then a congregation of the lower class of people, no thanks.

I'm not a fan either, particularly clubs.

Rock pubs in the UK are ok because they are generally full of OK people.
But the more trendy/chavvy bars and clubs on a Friday or Saturday night are just hell. Full of vapid c*nts and people out for fights after they've had too much to drink.

But yeah, not my thing at all. Going out for the sake of going out is not my thing. There needs to be a point to it like seeing a band or something, not just standing in a packed club and spending half the night waiting at the bar and not being able to hear what anyone says.

I'm 34 now but I never liked it when I was 24 either!

Clubs are fucking awful. But find the right bar/lounge/pub and you'll have a good time.

I'm not a fan either, particularly clubs.

Rock pubs in the UK are ok because they are generally full of OK people.
But the more trendy/chavvy bars and clubs on a Friday or Saturday night are just hell. Full of vapid c*nts and people out for fights after they've had too much to drink.

But yeah, not my thing at all. Going out for the sake of going out is not my thing. There needs to be a point to it like seeing a band or something, not just standing in a packed club and spending half the night waiting at the bar and not being able to hear what anyone says.

I'm 34 now but I never liked it when I was 24 either!

BnM1y9XCcAIX7ya.jpg

I always liked house parties when they weren't too crowded, same goes for bars. Clubs always sucked because the music was always too loud to have a conversation with the person beside you.

I promoted for a number of clubs when I was 18 and by 22 I couldn't bring myself to visit another. Used to love them and the lifestyle that came with them but it grew tiresome very fast.

Still don't mind a small gathering at a house or a nice pub once in a while though.

I don't care for parties but I'm old so I have an excuse. Although when I think back, I didn't care for them much when I was younger either. I did love the bar/nightlife scene in my 20's though.

I'm a younger guy, most of my friends enjoy house parties and going downtown to the bars on the weekend, most only recently hit the legal age. But I just can't get into it.

tumblr_muxiotbxyo1sikbp7o1_500.gif

House parties aren't so bad, depending on who's place it is and what the crowd is like. Sometimes I can just chill with some people, chat, and have a decent time but I don't overly enjoy it. Other times, if I barely know anyone, I'll awkwardly wander around and keep to myself. Those suck.

I actually do enjoy going to the bar, but usually the more restauranty-ones, where you can grab a burger and sweet potato fries, drink some beer and play pool with your buddies. I don't care for watching MMA at bars, too many arrogant fucks who think they know the sport well because they saw one Brock Lesnar fight.

tumblr_inline_n8pmsfOHd31qig3e1.gif

As for the younger-targeted club bars...I fucking hate it. I'm so out of my element. Blasting the top hit songs of the week (not good...), bright lights, crowds, drunk assholes, and ditzy chicks.

You've got all these dudes approaching you like "BRO, I'M SO WASTED, HIGH FIVE!", which to me just screams "ACKNOWLEDGE MY EXISTENCE!". The girls will dance around seductively (and usually unsuccessfully) and sing along to the shitty songs, trying to find a cute guy. Which I guess can be good if you just want to get some, but awkward if you're just there to chill and someone starts trying to coerce you to dance and grind. I know for a lot of people you just get so drunk that you stop giving a fuck, but I don't get that drunk. I usually puke before I get that drunk. I just can't consume enough alcohol to lose all inhibitions.

To me, the people all kind of just blend in and act like one of two stereotypical characters (1) DRUNK GUY, and (2) DRUNK GIRL.

I don't mean to talk down to these people, to each his own. I just find it surprising that nobody really feels the same way. All my friends are dumbfounded at my indifference to partying and talking to girls at parties. I'm interested in women, but I can't bring myself to yell into someone's ear over loud, pounding music to engage in a boring ass conversation in the hopes of getting somewhere. I prefer to just talking to girls at college, having a decent conversation, getting coffee. Not saying one is better than the other, but I'm more comfortable with the latter.

What say you Mayberry? Do you party bro?

Parties suck. Unless you have a cool aciviy like dancing to occupy veryone. The paies where everyone sits around and chit chats suck, I'd raher be at home watching T.V.

I grew(up)/ out of the "club"/bar scene when I was in my early 20's.

Back