Anyone else like to pat random cats on the side of the road?

I love em both but cmon son.

Dogs > cats

Dogs actually give a shit about you.

I don't need my cat to love me.

We hang out and chill. When it's cold she curls up on my lap and purrs. My cat's like a room mate who pays her way by keeping the place free of vermin. I never have to leave the apartment twice a day when it's -40 to walk her.

I get that dog owners have a different kind of relationship with their pets, but it's not for me. To be honest owning a dog is too much responsibility for me. If I had a different life, maybe I'd consider it, but I can't commit to taking care of a dog.

I guess what I'm saying is that cats and dogs are different, and one's better depending on what you like.

I pretty much always give a cat a chance to get petted.

I never approach, though, I don't want to freak them out. I put my hand out and if they come, they get petted.

Walking around town, this nice looking black cat checks me out - is a bit skiddish

I haunch down to get closer to his eye level and tell him I'm his friend and he comes over and I pat him a bit and we both move on with our lives

I find these transactions charming and I can often coax a cat into a quick mutually beneficial of social friendliness

You guys?
you're scared of dogs yet you go out of your way to harass cats?

There were two cats who showed up behind work. I began to leave food. Eventually one of them let me get within 5 feet. Very rewarding let me tell you.

i would like to but i dont want to bring any cat germs home to kitty, other kitty, or paul newman.

I don't need my cat to love me.

We hang out and chill. When it's cold she curls up on my lap and purrs. My cat's like a room mate who pays her way by keeping the place free of vermin. I never have to leave the apartment twice a day when it's -40 to walk her.

I get that dog owners have a different kind of relationship with their pets, but it's not for me. To be honest owning a dog is too much responsibility for me. If I had a different life, maybe I'd consider it, but I can't commit to taking care of a dog.

I guess what I'm saying is that cats and dogs are different, and one's better depending on what you like.

dogs eat poop

Walking around town, this nice looking black cat checks me out - is a bit skiddish

I haunch down to get closer to his eye level and tell him I'm his friend and he comes over and I pat him a bit and we both move on with our lives

I find these transactions charming and I can often coax a cat into a quick mutually beneficial of social friendliness

You guys?
I've made a lifetime side career of that. When I was younger and saw cats in people's windows I even went right up to the windows and said HI to the cats sometimes. But after one homeowner freaked out about me doing that I stopped doing it. I also stopped going on to people's properties to say HI to their cats....I did that for many years. Now if I see a cat on a doorstep for example, I'll call it over, and if it comes onto public property I'll spend some time petting it and maybe playing with it. If it's not interested then I'll move on.

I would, but they never come close enough to let me pet them. Cats don't usually trust strangers like that.

I tried to pet one other day, but he got all defensive and gave me that light slap as if saying, "don't touch me" so I left him alone. Most stray cats are wary of strangers.

My house cats are very afraid of strangers too.

You guys?
Random cats on the side of the road?

Not to one up but i like petting random animals in random countries!

Lol.

I was on a jobsite doing some carpentry and no one needed me, I was just letting the clock run out for the last half hour. A cat wandered in and I cuddled with it for a good 20 mins including selfies. My supervisor sent me a text asking what the status was and I sent him a cat selfie.

They cut my hours after that.

Then the cat scratched me.

You guys?
Yup there was a nice tabby cat who walked up to me the other week and let me pet him.

Do your own cats get angry if you pet other cats?

This ain’t the 60’s man you can’t just be patting random pussies on the road anymore

Try petting racoons. Far more challenging.

This guy was on my deck one time

20170930_054659-jpg.282473

Back