Anyone else into the films of Paul Naschy?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by sweetviolenturg, Jan 17, 2020.

1. sweetviolenturg Silver Belt Professional Fighter

Yeah, they're some seriously cheesy, sleazy low budget Spanish chillers but IMO they're fun as hell to watch when the right mood strikes. My favorites, of course, are the Waldemar Daninsky series of werewolf films.
    Right now, I'm watching the first film in the series, 1968's FRANKENSTEIN'S BLOODY TERROR ( aka MARK OF THE WEREWOLF ). Others in the series include THE WEREWOLF VS THE VAMPIRE WOMEN, DR. JEKYLL VS THE WEREWOLF, CURSE OF THE DEVIL, FURY OF THE WOLFMAN, NIGHT OF THE HOWLING BEAST, THE CRAVING, THE BEAST AND THE MAGIC SWORD & others.
    Naschy also starred, wrote & sometimes directed other horror films as well, such as HUNCHBACK OF THE MORGUE, VENGEANCE OF THE ZOMBIES, THE PEOPLE WHO OWN THE DARK & COUNT DRACULA'S GREAT LOVE among many others.

2. WaylonMercy5150 Silver Belt

Fury of the wolfman was filmed here in Mexico. It features a very drunk Lon Cheaney Jr. In fact I think that was his last film.

Edit: Was thinking of Face of the Screaming Werewolf.

3. europe1 It´s a nice peninsula to Asia

Paul Naschy played every Monster in the old Universal line-up. Much respect. His movies are always rip-roaring, sleazy fun.

Couldn't quite break that chain when he was supposed to though.

[​IMG]

The fact that we never got El Santo vs Paul Naschy is a real tragedy. Imagine the possibilities.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. sweetviolenturg Silver Belt Professional Fighter

About the closest thing that we got to Waldemar Daninsky vs Santo or the Blue Demon was the "monster rally" opus ASSIGNMENT TERROR which featured Naschy's cursed werewolf along with versions of Frankenstein's monster, Dracula & the Mummy. But, alas, no masked wrestlers... :(

5. Plissken Gold Belt

I have a few, I prefer Night of the Werewolf as it throws in the gothic horror kitchen sink and is one of the most well made of the lot.

6. Threetrees BLM

I watch them during October every year

7. Yotsuya Purple Belt

Hanging Woman is good and Vengeance of Zombies is pretty neat trash.