Anyone else into biking?

I used to hate cyclist with passion because they disrupt the roads in peak hours until I got into cycling.

I ride my $700 hybrid bike around almost every day and it’s so refreshing to feel the air, trees and the smoothness of the roads.

And as a casual, it’s really mind boggling how fast these cyclist go, it’s impossible for me to catch up with them.

Have you ridden a bonafide road bike? It seems so minute but 10 lbs, tire size, and the drivetrain can make a huge difference. I used to ride my chromoly MTB with smooth 26" tires with a buddy who had a similar bike. I'm much fitter than him - I would always have to wait for him going up hills or fast straightaways. He got an aluminum road bike with 700c tires and the roles instantly reversed.

Think my old man has that trek or one similar. $1000+. He's mid 60's and sometimes rides over 100 miles a week.

I have a hard tail diamondback mountain bike. Paid $550 maybe 12 years ago and I love it. Unfortunately I don't get to ride much cause I work too often but for a while I would ride 15 miles a day five or six days a week. I'd ride a bike path along lake Huron 7.5 miles north of town and jump rope on the beach then jump in the water for a swim to cool off. Then ride back. Loved it!

haha, i definitely am. in fact, i just biked thirty-five miles this morning. i have a schwinn carbon 105, and i love it. it's the highest end model schwinn makes, and above that you have to get a cannondale. i'm happy with this bike. maybe later down the road i'll add a more advanced bike. we'll see.

Get one of these , on sale now for under fiber hundred normally 700.

All you need to hit the trails for. A long time.

Full. Suspension is notttt needed unless. You are doing downhill racing.

you’ll get tired of the wasted energy cranking. Compared to a hard tail.

I have a Haro MTB, a Robinson race bike and an. Old dyno freestyle.

life time rider.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...5w0NVZGnrhxkHZZMNbAaAnAoEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Back when I started dating my wife, I told her 2 things:
1) I'm going to have a lot of bikes or a lot of women, your choice is which one you let me have
2) If it comes down to you or my bikes, I'm picking my bikes, no question

Our family now has more bikes than I can count on my hands. Biking is what keeps me from being a mass murderer or binging on hookers & blow. Life's problems fade away quickly when I'm doing dumb shit on a bike that makes me feel like a kid on a massive sugar rush.

My fun bike for bike park days and smashing out downhill trails
Bzzpk8T.jpg

Ti bike for cruising around my local trails
yoZSQe2.jpg

Also have several older steel bikes, once I got a real job and had money to burn I went out and bought all the bikes that I wanted when I was a teenager.

For the longest time I had a cheapo huffy bike that cost me $150 at Walmart. Bike rusted out within like a year and a half but I kept using it and came to find out that I absolutely loved cycling and especially using the four bike trails I have near me. A little less than 5 years ago my older brother who is big into cycling (Owns $6,00 racing bike and a $5,000 mountain bike) helped me buy a new bike. Ended up settling on this Trek road bike. I couldn't be happier with it and I now bike for a good hour to 2 hours every morning on my days off and 30 minutes right after I get home from work
yyPOqfO.jpg

Earlier today I road for a good hour and a half. Listened to all of Sleep's magnus opus Dopesmoker and it was amazing. For a good 30 minutes I felt high and extremely happy and uplifted. It was great. Here is a photo nobody asked for of me as I cycling back home
u8FxhlD.jpg

To those who are really into biking I am looking to buy a Mountain bike for cycling the off road trails here. I've done it a few times with my road bike and but I'd rather a bike made for it. My price range is $700 to $1,000.

With covid bike sales exploded, lot of people cycle nowadays. Nothing beats that relaxed feel after putting in 20 or 25 miles of cycling in, it's a good endorphin rush.

I have a 2016 specialized venge pro for road cycling and a 2021 giant advanced revolt for gravel/off road riding. Lot of fun.

I will probably get into cycling once my body disagrees with lifting as often as I do. It's also hard to get away from the family for rides, but it won't be a big deal when they are older.

I love biking. I’ve been going on my $260 nishiki for 6 years now. Replaced the brakes, tires, and bearings a few times now. Still runs fine. I would love to get a nice $500-$800 bike, but I still like my semi cheap but great for its price bike.

Back when I started dating my wife, I told her 2 things:
1) I'm going to have a lot of bikes or a lot of women, your choice is which one you let me have
2) If it comes down to you or my bikes, I'm picking my bikes, no question

Our family now has more bikes than I can count on my hands. Biking is what keeps me from being a mass murderer or binging on hookers & blow. Life's problems fade away quickly when I'm doing dumb shit on a bike that makes me feel like a kid on a massive sugar rush.

My fun bike for bike park days and smashing out downhill trails
Bzzpk8T.jpg

Ti bike for cruising around my local trails
yoZSQe2.jpg

Also have several older steel bikes, once I got a real job and had money to burn I went out and bought all the bikes that I wanted when I was a teenager.

You have the N+ rule over there ?

That ti hardtail is a thing of beauty. Always liked the look of ti, that dull metal look is cool. Also , love the Merlin and Rock lobster bikes. I'm after a 26er Rock Lobster if I can find one in the UK at a decent price....

You have the N+ rule over there ?

That ti hardtail is a thing of beauty. Always liked the look of ti, that dull metal look is cool. Also , love the Merlin and Rock lobster bikes. I'm after a 26er Rock Lobster if I can find one in the UK at a decent price....

It's definitely N+1 in my household. A Rock Lobster is going to be challenging to find these days, best bet is the Retrobike buy & sell forum which happens to be UK based.
https://www.retrobike.co.uk/forums/mtb-for-sale.2/
A lot of cool stuff shows up there, looking at all the bikes and parts is like reliving my teenage years when I drooled over bike magazines.

I ride fixed gear without brakes on the streets and bike paths at the beach.

Took the day off running yesterday and biked in morn & evening.

Got in 30 miles total for the day.

Fun to listen to tunes & glide, whereas when running, just more focused on the early struggle/process & later immersed with Road & experience.

D6-BFD599-D14-F-4-DAF-85-B9-47-B3-F58-D4083.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. Every day commuter from spring to late fall for years. I have an 16 year old Author hybrid bike and i've been thinking about upgrade finally, but it still works fine and looks good, so no actual reason to get a new one.
rrs9xWkqF8Pabb1Lu0KgASkRwfh3EAZvmBynRun2ulsozJE7Kql6sdeXKFQqyiSsYBxpAfaCOOlCDMxrQOc6IiexCKFgli4

url

Ordered a new bike this morning. Can't wait for it to arrive. Should be a good trainer for some gravel adventures

4_1024x1024~2.jpg

Love bikes, been riding fairly seriously for about 15 years now. Currently have a carbon full suspension, steel rigid, and a steel gravel/adventure.

I'm into mountaking biking dude, I used cheap mountain bike from house to work.

Back