Anyone else impressed with Alvey's chin?

Benoitthegr8

Filthy Pensioner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sam ate quite a few shots that I think would have put out most fighters, he was hit with what looked like 6-7 fight ending shots without getting completely KO'd. On that note he was intelligently defending himself still and surprisingly conscious, while the stoppage wasn't great, it seemed like an inevitability. If Alvey had the athleticism and talent to go with his chin and heart he would be elite IMO.

I was literally cringing at some of the shots he took. I couldnt believe he had the conciousness to protest the stoppage

He's got a decent chin because he fakes that smile all the time, which tightens his chin muscles.

Brunson is a fuckin monster so yes

I was literally cringing at some of the shots he took. I couldnt believe he had the conciousness to protest the stoppage

I couldn't believe the stoppage, it was to early. I guess he came out of the same school of refs as Herb did. Not saying it wouldn't have ended the same with a few more seconds but if he was ref in Lesnar/Carwin fight Carwin would've won.

I couldn't believe the stoppage, it was to early. I guess he came out of the same school of refs as Herb did. Not saying it wouldn't have ended the same with a few more seconds but if he was ref in Lesnar/Carwin fight Carwin would've won.

It was slightly early but i think it saved alvey some brain damage. You could see he was really wobbled when he got back to his feet

He's tough as hell but slow as molasses and doesnt have the athleticism to compete in the UFC.

If he fought in Bellator or WOSF he could be a contender.

Back