Anyone else here egg intolerant?

An update and some closure. I have been taking an Acidolphilus supplement for about 3 weeks (one in the morning with breakfast, one with last meal).

Tuesday I ate scrambled eggs for breakfast for the first time in almost a year without getting the shits and or vomiting. A week before that I had eaten a couple of eggs mixed into a baked casserole without any ill effects. Today I decided to go for it and ate 2 hard boiled eggs and had no reaction at all.

I am so relieved I can eat eggs again!

I hope this benefits anyone out there who cant enjoy this cheap protein source!

War Eggs!!

Nice, dude. I'm happy for you. Seriously, because I couldn't imagine having my eggs nearly every single day. There really aren't many foods I can literally eat every SINGLE day and not get tired of, but eggs is one of them. Sure, I go through phases where I either eat them scrambled, in an omelet or cooked and thrown in a bowl of oatmeal. I'm pretty sure those three rotations will last me for the rest of my life though as far as not getting tired of eggs.

I'm allergic to eggs. The only way I can actually eat them is if they are hard boiled and I can only eat the white part, if I eat the yolk at all I start having problems.

yeah don't know too much about this, other than i would be fucked if i was egg intolerant. But if it's not an allergy, and you have trouble digesting them, there must be an enzyme out there to help you out, something like beano or lactase.

An update and some closure. I have been taking an Acidolphilus supplement for about 3 weeks (one in the morning with breakfast, one with last meal).

Tuesday I ate scrambled eggs for breakfast for the first time in almost a year without getting the shits and or vomiting. A week before that I had eaten a couple of eggs mixed into a baked casserole without any ill effects. Today I decided to go for it and ate 2 hard boiled eggs and had no reaction at all.

I am so relieved I can eat eggs again!

I hope this benefits anyone out there who cant enjoy this cheap protein source!

War Eggs!!

acidolphilus is awesome. every couple months i feel like my stomach off balance, bloating + cramps etc, 2 acidolphilus pills for two days settles everything down.

I have this problem as well. It sucks, as all of you have mentioned, that eggs are really good for you. I can't eat them, so it's very frustrating.

congrats on eating eggs again. I like to pour some liquid eggwhitea in my Seeds of Change quinoa blends while they're cooking and it makes a tasty protein treat.

Late week I ate a dozen hard boiled eggs for lunch. I wanted to see how my body would react. My body handled it fine.

i use to be ok with eggs now my body just reacts unkindlly to them mostlly with bad stomach cramps. Milk and cottage cheese do this to me too

Late week I ate a dozen hard boiled eggs for lunch. I wanted to see how my body would react. My body handled it fine.

Lol. I ate 6 scrambled eggs Saturday with some strong black coffee. Maybe I can work my way up to 12.

I have just found out I have an egg intolerance. I went to the doctors about not being very well over the past couple of years. Stomach pains, sickness, extreme nausea etc. They did bloods & everything was okay, allergen tests were fine but they rang yesterday to tell me that they’d sent my bloods to be tested for food intolerances and have discovered I have an intolerance to egg. I’m 22 and they think I’ve had it ever since I was a baby & over the years it’s developed more and more. I don’t eat a lot of egg as I don’t particularly like it, but traces of egg in foods such as cake, pasta, mayonnaise etc has caused me bad reactions in the past. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid it as much as possible? Small quantities don’t really seem to do much to me but if I eat a lot of foods containing egg I’m always feeling awful the next day and struggle to eat anything due to sickness. I’ve never had any other intolerances/allergies so I have never had to think about what I’m eating...

Back