Anyone else having a bad day?

Hermione-Raising-Hand.gif

Serves you right for wearing basketball shorts.

next time just let the world get a look at your ass

Probably the only serious post in this thread. Spent the weekend at family get together to visit my parents since they got back from a vacation that last a few months. Father proceeded to get into a fight with my sister and I, regarding his persistence in prying into our personal lives particularly our personal relationships. Dad pretty much blows up and tells us that we're failures in his eyes because we're not married already with kids, right infront of everyone in my family, in laws, nephews, nieces. Now kind of estranged from my dad, probably wont' partake in father's day.

Oh yeah the week before I got mugged by knife point in Cabo while on vacation, had my wallet, and watch stolen.

Probably the only serious post in this thread. Spent the weekend at family get together to visit my parents since they got back from a vacation that last a few months. Father proceeded to get into a fight with my sister and I, regarding his persistence in prying into our personal lives particularly our personal relationships. Dad pretty much blows up and tells us that we're failures in his eyes because we're not married already with kids, right infront of everyone in my family, in laws, nephews, nieces. Now kind of estranged from my dad, probably wont' partake in father's day.

Oh yeah the week before I got mugged by knife point in Cabo while on vacation, had my wallet, and watch stolen.

Tell us more about the mugging. Were you in the resort area?

Tell us more about the mugging. Were you in the resort area?

I was buzzed and craving some some tacos. As I was walking along the street to the main strip, Squid Roe, some guy hits me in the back of the head pretty hard. I was dazed pretty bad and disoriented. He had me in a headlock and was trying to punch me. But his aim was pretty terrible and he kept punching my triceps instead of my body or head. I regained my composure, punched this guy in the balls really hard so I could get loose from the headlock. I stood up and cracked the guy in the mouth pretty hard while he was still in agony from getting hit in the balls, busted his lip pretty good. He staggered back quite a bit to recover and then pulled out a knife (it was like around 7-8 inches in length). I surrendered and gave the guy my wallet and cheap watch. It was not worth getting killed or killing some one over. It was a good choice too because after I gave the guy my stuff, he walked off with two of his buddies that were hiding behind a car. I didn't even know those guys were there and I could have easily been killed if I tried to fight the guy.

Not enough posts on this website start with "I was buzzed and craving some tacos". Glad you're okay.

Today wasnt particularly bad. I've been having an awful 2014 though.

Last weekend my bff got married and I got to hang out with a bunch of old faces all week. Was what the doctor ordered, but now it's back to misery.

I was buzzed and craving some some tacos. As I was walking along the street to the main strip, Squid Roe, some guy hits me in the back of the head pretty hard. I was dazed pretty bad and disoriented. He had me in a headlock and was trying to punch me. But his aim was pretty terrible and he kept punching my triceps instead of my body or head. I regained my composure, punched this guy in the balls really hard so I could get loose from the headlock. I stood up and cracked the guy in the mouth pretty hard while he was still in agony from getting hit in the balls, busted his lip pretty good. He staggered back quite a bit to recover and then pulled out a knife (it was like around 7-8 inches in length). I surrendered and gave the guy my wallet and cheap watch. It was not worth getting killed or killing some one over. It was a good choice too because after I gave the guy my stuff, he walked off with two of his buddies that were hiding behind a car. I didn't even know those guys were there and I could have easily been killed if I tried to fight the guy.

lol That's crazy. So i'm guessing the main strip wasn't part of the safe tourist area.

lol That's crazy. So i'm guessing the main strip wasn't part of the safe tourist area.

I don't think you're really safe anywhere in Mexico even the tourist spots, the locals are always trying to fuck you LOL. If someone busts out a calculator when you're paying for something you're getting fucked over. They do it every where even in the strip clubs. Everyone wants their propina aka. tips.

Cabo is not like real Mexico in the sense that everything is marked up to the point where the dollar has no competitive advantage. Most of the shit was the same price or more than you would pay in the states. Plus they fuck you with the conversion rate, stores all use 10:1 against you but when you pay they use 13:1 for themselves and they give you change in peso's using a 10:1 ratio. if you use peso's you still get fucked because they use the same math in reverse. This happens every where to unless you goto a mass chain store like 7-11 or Walmart. Those were probably the only two places where I didn't get fucked.

There's all sorts of scams that people run there. At the swim up bar at our resort, the bartender added 24 shots of liquor to our bill when we only ordered 8 at most. We got it removed but it was sketchy as fuck, no apology or anything. This was a 5 star resort too. Same thing happened at a nearby beach restaurant, we went for drinks and when we got our bill there was like $200 US worth of food on there. The manager fixed it but he was a total asshole about it, not even an apology and we got the vibe that we were no longer welcome there.

That sucks, obviously your dad has no right to tell you when to marry or have kids but even if it's something stupid like this it hurts when it comes from your parents.

My power has been going in and out all day and its raining so I can't even do the yard work I had planned for today. Just some first world problems.

Sit back, relax , and listen to this:

"Every day above ground is a good day" - Mel Bernstein (Scarface)

Sit back, relax , and listen to this:

"Every day above ground is a good day" - Mel Bernstein (Scarface)

Sound advice.

Don't sweat the small stuff, it has a tendency of working itself out.

Back