Anyone else have trouble liking Frankie?

Mayweather has a higher finishing rate than Edgar and he's done it against better competition ya goof.

Frankie finished Gray Maynard and BJ, both complete animals. The last two KOs Mayweather had were against a guy that was trying to hug him and a woman.

I'll always be a fan of Edgar just because of his 2nd and 3rd fights with Maynard. He has been less exciting lately but he may be using his wrestling more because he knows he's already taken a LOT of damage in his career and has decided to fight safer/smarter rather than trying to be more exciting.

He's as tough as any MMA fighter I've seen and I think he'd give Conor a LOT of trouble. He has an amazing chin, his wrestling is fantastic, his striking and footwork are really good and his conditioning is world class. He wouldn't gas against Conor even if he gets nailed with tons of body shots because the guy is just stupidly tough and I've never seen him gas.

I like Frankie; he jumps around and doesn't afraid of anything.

Both my favorite fighter and person in MMA. Super down to earth. Could never imagine him snubbing someone at an airport or acting extremely annoyed (ahem Tim Silvia). His heart is what really entertains me. I know that if he is in danger, he is capable of an inspiring finish. He is also usually the underdog or at the very least, the smaller guy (Faber as an exception).

Frankie's show of heart came well before the Maynard fight. He defended a nasty kneebar that Tyson Griffen locked in on him. You could see he was in pain but had too much determination to tap. He was rewarded the bout unanimously even though the fight was meant to build up Griffen and not Frankie. The rest is history.

I think he's a knob, but I'm still really butt-hurt about what he did to my beloved Baby Jay.

PennBeach.jpg

I don't dislike him, I just dislike that he's overated. I don't think he'll hold a belt at fw or bw.

Edgar is one of my fave fighters , and is one of the best fighters in the world.

Back