Anyone else have trouble liking Frankie?

I have NEVER been a fan of that kid, since his debut at 67. He's boring, has almost no power, and complains like crazy when he loses. His pitter-patter-point fighting style is the worst. I look forward to seeing him get punched in the face every time he fights. Plus, he's from New Jersey... enough said.

Frankie is awesome, his 2nd Gray Maynard fight made me a fan.. kid has balls of steel and willpower of a god

Edgar bless

I'm fine with point fighters as long as they keep winning (Mayweather)

Nope...cool guy, good fighter who uses his brain. There was a reason they chose Mendes over him, Edgar would have won even if it was on points.

He is awesome I love Frankie. We must realize Frankie is a little over 5 foot and the guys who he has fought were bigger than he is. Its not easy to handle guys "unboringly" when you are the smaller man. That said some of his wins were against strong ass guys.

555322240.gif

I mean realistically, most mma fans should love him. Hes a very well rounded fighter, has defeated BJ when no one thought he could, has a great work ethic, and probably has the most heart of any fighter in mma.

But I find myself disliking the guy. I find him a boring point fighter. His stand up really reminds me of stand up lay n pray, or wall n stall. Maybe i just dislike fighters who dont go for the finish.

I really hope he fights Conor at some point, I think Conor can KO him and really think that would be the greatest thing for mma. I mean do we really want our champ to be a point fighter? It just boggles my mind when mma fans want to see Conor lose so bad, theyd want a point fighter to be champ. (Assuming Conor gets past Aldo, which contrary to meathead belief isnt going to be even remotely easy.)

You sum up my feelings on him perfectly. Very admirable athlete, but not what I want out of a fighter.

I mean realistically, most mma fans should love him. Hes a very well rounded fighter, has defeated BJ when no one thought he could, has a great work ethic, and probably has the most heart of any fighter in mma.

But I find myself disliking the guy. I find him a boring point fighter. His stand up really reminds me of stand up lay n pray, or wall n stall. Maybe i just dislike fighters who dont go for the finish.

I really hope he fights Conor at some point, I think Conor can KO him and really think that would be the greatest thing for mma. I mean do we really want our champ to be a point fighter? It just boggles my mind when mma fans want to see Conor lose so bad, theyd want a point fighter to be champ. (Assuming Conor gets past Aldo, which contrary to meathead belief isnt going to be even remotely easy.)

i completely agree with your sentiment that he's boring. Realistically he's so active in the cage he should be as far from boring as possible, but yes, i admit, a whole hell of a lot of his fights bore the shit out of me.

as for his personality, it doesn't bother me at all. he seems like a decent guy and a TRUE competitor, I'm just not a fan of his style.

I still can't hate on the man. He's damn good and his heart and cardio may be the best in the business.

I think it's the fact that he never really engages or goes for the kill. He pretty much jumps in to score with a 1-2 and jumps back out. On the ground he's the same way -- never commits 100% for strikes and never really goes for the finish.

Don't get me wrong it's obviously effective and he has great cardio. A lot of ppl just find that style boring.

Can't take people who use the term "point fighter" seriously.

never watched his fight to the end except the aldo fight

Only "just bleed brah" jackasses think he's boring. He's what Mayweather would be if he actually went for the finish: a brilliant tactician who also goes for it.

Frankie's awesome, one of my favorite fighters. He's been in so many wars.

War Fe. Been a fan since his debut against Tyson.

Only "just bleed brah" jackasses think he's boring. He's what Mayweather would be if he actually went for the finish: a brilliant tactician who also goes for it.

Mayweather has a higher finishing rate than Edgar and he's done it against better competition ya goof.

I don't know why, probably for some of the reasons u mentioned, but I have trouble rooting for Frankie. Except for the Maynard fights, but wtf cheers for Gray Maynard?

Back