Anyone else have trouble liking Frankie?

sherbrosrule

Booty meat is really neat.
Banned
Reaction score
I mean realistically, most mma fans should love him. Hes a very well rounded fighter, has defeated BJ when no one thought he could, has a great work ethic, and probably has the most heart of any fighter in mma.

But I find myself disliking the guy. I find him a boring point fighter. His stand up really reminds me of stand up lay n pray, or wall n stall. Maybe i just dislike fighters who dont go for the finish.

I really hope he fights Conor at some point, I think Conor can KO him and really think that would be the greatest thing for mma. I mean do we really want our champ to be a point fighter? It just boggles my mind when mma fans want to see Conor lose so bad, theyd want a point fighter to be champ. (Assuming Conor gets past Aldo, which contrary to meathead belief isnt going to be even remotely easy.)

He's one of the most boring fighters in the UFC today (excluding flyweights and women). Of course I have trouble liking him.

Cool story bro.
Edgar wrecks conor

Frankie's style may be considered boring by some and they won't like him as a fighter but as a person, it's hard not to like him.

See, the problem here is you may seriously be a bad person.

I'm a fan of Frankie, his style isn't boring, just a lot of angry people because he destroyed BJ twice and he also won the first fight.

I thought he lost the first fight with Henderson but he definitely won the 2nd one but got robbed

I didn't like him following the first Benson fight but I don't mind him nowadays.

He finished BJ and Cub in good fights. He's been in fights that weren't the most exciting, but it is undeniable that Frankie is a monster.

I mean realistically, most mma fans should love him. Hes a very well rounded fighter, has defeated BJ when no one thought he could, has a great work ethic, and probably has the most heart of any fighter in mma.

But I find myself disliking the guy. I find him a boring point fighter. His stand up really reminds me of stand up lay n pray, or wall n stall. Maybe i just dislike fighters who dont go for the finish.

I really hope he fights Conor at some point, I think Conor can KO him and really think that would be the greatest thing for mma. I mean do we really want our champ to be a point fighter? It just boggles my mind when mma fans want to see Conor lose so bad, theyd want a point fighter to be champ. (Assuming Conor gets past Aldo, which contrary to meathead belief isnt going to be even remotely easy.)
Are you human at all?

It's hard not to like his toughness and balls/courage. I'm not a fan of his style as he's really put on some snoozefests where there was no longer any point in watching the fight. Sure, he's going to win the decision, but I'm never on the edge of my seat because there's a good chance something incredible might happen. I also don't like the way he acts surprised when the judges don't gift him the decision.... kind of pisses me off that he's not willing to wholly engage in the fight but still wants to reap the rewards.

So yeah, I know it's an unpopular opinion on Sherdog, but I'm not a fan. As for not liking him, well, that's pretty tough to be honest.

I love me some Frankie! I think he's damn near as good as it gets. I'd love to see an Aldo rematch. He always seems to make great adjustments in rematches

He's boring and cries like a child if close decisions don't go his way. Wouldn't mind if he retired tomorrow.

hes tenacious, solid chin. excellent footwork. And has recently finished Cub and BJ. stand up guy who doesnt resort to childish shit talk. whats not to like?

"If you don't like Frankie Edgar, you may seriously be a bad person."

lol I love how some people equate not finishing everybody to boring, Frankie is fun to watch

I don't hate or dislike anyone, I just don't care about him.

Pfftt you can't be serious... Frankie is in no way boring.

His 2nd fight with Maynard is one of the best in MMA history, and the third fight isn't bad either.

His fights with Maynard were pretty epic but everything since has been a snoozefest. I really stopped liking him when he lost to Benson on a close decision in their 2nd fight and he threw a tantrum in the octagon. It's lame as hell he lives by close decisions and freaks out when it doesn't go his way.

Back