Anyone else have an out of control teenage daughter?

TS, I honestly don't think you can do much about it. Good luck tho!

Any punishment we impose she uses as an excuse to cut herself... I'm just lost with this one.
Geez. Yeah, i feel for you, man.
This is more than just a normal rebelious phase.
She ever been diagnosed with any sort of mental issues? Big life tragedies? I wonder if this is all a sort of cry for help,or attention, or she just really doesn't give a fuck?
Is she close with her brothers? Siblings can sometimes reach and understand each other in a way a parent can't.

Good points.
Yeah, i forgot that TS moved to get the step daughter in a better place.
If she's living in your house, and you're making sacrifices for her, you have to have a say. You're the closest thing to a dad that she has. Blood doesn't mean shit, if it did, her real dad would be there. (Unless he is deceased)

I think TS has an out of control wife. You guys have to do this as a unit. Being quiet about it will just build resentment. I can't imagine living with an out of control teen that im providing for, and i have to put up with her disrespecting me because her mom is being too soft.
Letting a kid run wild doesn't help them. Let them hate you now, and love you later.
Trust me man, we've been through alot... nobody "just let's her run wild".
And at this point her dad won't even take her. That's why mom is talking about sending her to foster care...
Geez. Yeah, i feel for you, man.
This is more than just a normal rebelious phase.
She ever been diagnosed with any sort of mental issues? Big life tragedies? I wonder if this is all a sort of cry for help,or attention, or she just really doesn't give a fuck?
Is she close with her brothers? Siblings can sometimes reach and understand each other in a way a parent can't.
She is same way towards them... just doesn't give a fuck...

Good points.
Yeah, i forgot that TS moved to get the step daughter in a better place.
If she's living in your house, and you're making sacrifices for her, you have to have a say. You're the closest thing to a dad that she has. Blood doesn't mean shit, if it did, her real dad would be there. (Unless he is deceased)

I think TS has an out of control wife. You guys have to do this as a unit. Being quiet about it will just build resentment. I can't imagine living with an out of control teen that im providing for, and i have to put up with her disrespecting me because her mom is being too soft.
Letting a kid run wild doesn't help them. Let them hate you now, and love you later.
That last sentence is what I tell her mother all the damn time... but with her cutting she's afraid there will end up being a cut there's no coming back from... it's a fucking nightmare . Seeing what this is doing to my wife is the hardest part...

I gave you some good advice. C'mon, you're asking about managing a teenage child on a karate forum. You have to do a lot of improving as a father.

Getting defensive isn't going to solve your problem.
I work with students. I’ve seen some really good parents with really messed up kids. Just saying, “Be a better dad” isn’t always helpful. Sure, that COULD be part of the issue, but to just assume it’s the parent’s fault is ridiculous. You need more context.

Ever think of leaving your wife? She sounds like a spineless worthless mom

That last sentence is what I tell her mother all the damn time... but with her cutting she's afraid there will end up being a cut there's no coming back from... it's a fucking nightmare . Seeing what this is doing to my wife is the hardest part...
With the information about her cutting, i understand the wife's side more.
It's a dangerous game of chicken..no one wants to be wrong on that bet.
Horrible situation. Im not sure what id do.
But there's only so much you can do when someone's determined to ruin themselves.

Have y’all looked into counseling? It helps. Also, if she’s cutting herself you can have her committed to a psychiatric hospital for evaluation and monitoring. There may be some medical reasons for her behavior.

Oh man, I have a daughter. Was it a long or slow transition to being a little punk

I'm going out of my mind here!!! Just plain disrespectful and lazy.... raising 3 boys was a cakewalk compared to this!!!
Fuck that I don't want a daughter I refuse to get another Woman Pregnant. I've got the 1 and I'm good.

Even in a split Household at least I get along with my Father in Law and we have the same idea of making sure my son doesn't end up as lazy turd. Give credit to his mom for not making the distance difficult .

I can't imagine raising a girl in Social Media age.

Ok then, how about Gary then? If that's too long a drive then Cinci-nasty or the shadier parts of Louisville.
Shit... she'll willingly go to the west of Louisville. Tracked her on her phone over there the last time she ran away...

Have y’all looked into counseling? It helps. Also, if she’s cutting herself you can have her committed to a psychiatric hospital for evaluation and monitoring. There may be some medical reasons for her behavior.
Numerous counseling... and hospital stays.

I'm going out of my mind here!!! Just plain disrespectful and lazy.... raising 3 boys was a cakewalk compared to this!!!
My sister was going through a divorce and fighting for custody of her daughter (who was 16 at the time), and my mother said to my niece, "You know you could stop this custody battle if you would just tell your father you want to live with your mother. It would save your parents all the money they are spending." To which my niece replied, "Oh, I'm worth it." :eek:

My sister's x-husband owned a farm, and he bought my niece a horse for her 16th birthday (plus got her riding lessons). Of course she wanted to go live with him. Be my guest.

Shit... she'll willingly go to the west of Louisville. Tracked her on her phone over there the last time she ran away...

Why'd you track her?

Seems like the problem was solved.

Teenagers are like raptors in Jurassic Park, constantly looking for weaknesses and she's finding them. You fold when she cuts herself, you track her when she runs away.

How long was she gone for?

Back