Anyone else have a "black dog"?

Yeah, I have thought of that. Thing is, it lasts for like a week and only like twice a year. It just sucks that it physically and mentally shuts me down. Oh yeah, they gave me paxl about 7 years ago. It still happens. All paxl does is not get me pissed when it does happen...lol

This sounds a lot like bi polar or manic depressive disorder my father is a psychologist so i will ask when i see him later but the symptoms all fit
when you are manic symptoms are
# Increased energy, activity, and restlessness
# Excessively

This sounds a lot like bi polar or manic depressive disorder my father is a psychologist so i will ask when i see him later but the symptoms all fit
when you are manic symptoms are
# Increased energy, activity, and restlessness
# Excessively

could it be seasonal depressions? usually happens during the middle seasons like fall and spring

Is it always around the same time of year?
Maybe allergies.... they effect people in different ways.
I also know some people that have a hard time with seasons changing.... I have even heard of people being very weather sensitive. They have hard times when it is dreary for long periods. Try keeping a journal of not just the weather, but what you ate and whats going on in your life and things like that.
It could even be stress related..

Any mental issues in your family history? Bi-polar, etc?

Ask him if there are different degrees of this and if it can come and go.

Ok well i asked him he said that bi polar can be the diagnosis de jour but that yes there are different degrees and there is no real pattern to mood shifts so yes they do come and go. So yes i would say go see a psychiatrist if you are concerned

Smoke alot of weed? Honestly I don't know how you can do that, when you get bouts of depression try to think of the good things in life, or you could just try to "deal with it" until it really doesn't bother you as much. Everyone is different, prescription drugs can probably help you alot, but you don't want to start abusing them.

If your red cell count and blood smears (for red cell histology) are normal, and your T3/T4s, blood gases, and abdominal (spleen?) CTs are normal, then you really do present an interesting case.

Definitely could be chronic fatigue - have you ever had mono or epstein-barr virus? Do you suffer from bouts of unexplained pain, or pain from usually normal stimuli? Do you have tender lymph nodes during your bouts of fatigue? Is the malaise particularly severe after exercise/mental exertion? These are some good questions to keep in mind for your next doctor's visit.

This is undoubtedly a disruptive and frustrating condition for you. It's hard to diagnose and treat conditions like CFS or other autoimmune, neurological, and psychological conditions that do not have well understood pathologies, quantifiable biochemical tests, or clear and consistent symptoms. My advice to you is to keep a detailed log of your symptoms during your next bout, try and see if you can identify some enviromental triggers, and then go to your doctor with this new info and see where this takes you. Good luck.

Perfect example of the lunacy of this...

Saturday I was awful....It is now Wednesday and I'd say I am back to 95%. Going to train later... by tomorrow I will be back in the swing...I just don't get it.

Just got back from class. Was on my back and tapping like a madman. Things are right in the world again. :icon_lol:

Yeah, I have thought of that. Thing is, it lasts for like a week and only like twice a year. It just sucks that it physically and mentally shuts me down. Oh yeah, they gave me paxl about 7 years ago. It still happens. All paxl does is not get me pissed when it does happen...lol

Are you still on Paxil? I've heard that class of drugs (Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft..etc.) has alot of problems with fatigue, discontinuation symptoms etc.

Back