Anyone else has VERY high cholesterol?

A year ago, I had testing done and everything was good (blood pressure, glucose) except for my cholesterol. My total cholesterol was 206, which is high. Anything over 200 is considered above normal.

For an entire year, I've been exercising and eating healthy. Cardio for 45 mins a day, 5 days a week. I never skipped a single day of cardio. I've been eating nothing but healthy food. No transfat, a lot of good veggies, very lean, low sodium meals. Lots of lean chicken, salmon, brown rice. I dropped weight, went from 185 to 164, would've been more, but I was also gaining some muscle. Went from almost 24% body fat to just under 17%. I had very few cheat days and only on special occasions.

I did the annual testing again today, and my fucking total cholesterol is 274. My good cholesterol is 50. What the fuck happened?
I'll look for the study I read recently showing cholesterol is not linked to morbidity at all. It's pretty enlightening.

You shrank so there's a higher concentration of cholesterol in a smaller package? I thought I saw an animation showing Vitamin B "eats" cholesterol and uses it as energy. Vitamin B is part of those drugs.

Are you stressed? You should see another doctor, one that doesn't give you generic solutions to your uncommon issue.

My uncle (not by blood, he was adopted) was a military guy and always in peek shape and super strict on his diet. And yet he always had sky high Cholesterol. It was a real problem for him.

When I was younger my mom got paranoid due to the fact I ate about 6 eggs a day, and almost every other food they say NOT to eat with high cholesterol. But whenever i went to the doctor my cholesterol was always on the lower end of healthy.

My doctor told me that you were either prone to high cholesterol or you were not and that was the main determinant as to whether you would have a problem with it or not, and then if you do have a problem, that is when you worry about restricting certain items in your diet.

I'll look for the study I read recently showing cholesterol is not linked to morbidity at all. It's pretty enlightening.

I just heard this too. Apparently, dietary cholesterol does not have an effect on your cholesterol levels. What you need to watch out for in your diet is saturated fats. Or at least that’s what we are being told this week lol. Stress may also have an affect on cholesterol levels.

A year ago, I had testing done and everything was good (blood pressure, glucose) except for my cholesterol. My total cholesterol was 206, which is high. Anything over 200 is considered above normal.

For an entire year, I've been exercising and eating healthy. Cardio for 45 mins a day, 5 days a week. I never skipped a single day of cardio. I've been eating nothing but healthy food. No transfat, a lot of good veggies, very lean, low sodium meals. Lots of lean chicken, salmon, brown rice. I dropped weight, went from 185 to 164, would've been more, but I was also gaining some muscle. Went from almost 24% body fat to just under 17%. I had very few cheat days and only on special occasions.

I did the annual testing again today, and my fucking total cholesterol is 274. My good cholesterol is 50. What the fuck happened?

Could be genetics. You might want to consider going vegan if you're worried, or go on meds to control it

Back